ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on a work permit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EllensG
Newly Registered

ILR on a work permit

Post by EllensG » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:46 am

Hello everyone,

I am about to apply for my ILR at the end of next week in person, and like most people am stressing out about my application and the appt!

I have the following questions below if anyone can help answer (It doesn’t need to be on all points, if you have experience on any that would be a help)!

1) I originally received my WP in 2006 and then changed employers submitting a new application. I have just realised that although I have the new FLR in my passport and the letter from the HO saying my application was successful, I don’t think I have ever received the actual 'work permit' letter like I have for my first WP. Will this matter? When I called the help line they said I don’t need it for the application.

2) I have the letter from my employer stating my salary in an annual format, but the COP states it in an hourly format. The application form mentions it should be in the same format as the COP, but our HR Mgr is now on holiday so can not get a new letter before my appt next week. Will it matter, I don’t want to be refused because my letter is based it on a annual salary and not hourly like in the COP.

3) The company I work for re branded a year ago. I realise now that we should have informed the HO which we didn’t do. We have included in the letter from my employer (employed by xxx formally named xxx) and also have a copy of the certificate of incorporation on change of name, will that be sufficient?

4) My job title was listed in the COP however the responsibilities are completely different. I have called the help line & explained this and they said to 'defiantly' use the one matching the job title. Anyone had the same thing?

5) Since my new WP was granted in 2008 I am now earning 20% more than the amt on my WP having received two salary increases. Will that raise questions?

6) I have had bang on 190 days outside the UK - 10 being a work trip which I have a letter for from my work, taking me to exactly 180 days. Will that also raise questions?

Thanks for any feedback!

thewolfman21

Update on 3)

Post by thewolfman21 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:23 pm

Hi do you have any update on point '3' as i am in similar situation.

Yameen
Newly Registered

Re: ILR on a work permit

Post by Yameen » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:20 pm

EllensG wrote:Hello everyone,

I am about to apply for my ILR at the end of next week in person, and like most people am stressing out about my application and the appt!

I have the following questions below if anyone can help answer (It doesn’t need to be on all points, if you have experience on any that would be a help)!

1) I originally received my WP in 2006 and then changed employers submitting a new application. I have just realised that although I have the new FLR in my passport and the letter from the HO saying my application was successful, I don’t think I have ever received the actual 'work permit' letter like I have for my first WP. Will this matter? When I called the help line they said I don’t need it for the application.

2) I have the letter from my employer stating my salary in an annual format, but the COP states it in an hourly format. The application form mentions it should be in the same format as the COP, but our HR Mgr is now on holiday so can not get a new letter before my appt next week. Will it matter, I don’t want to be refused because my letter is based it on a annual salary and not hourly like in the COP.

3) The company I work for re branded a year ago. I realise now that we should have informed the HO which we didn’t do. We have included in the letter from my employer (employed by xxx formally named xxx) and also have a copy of the certificate of incorporation on change of name, will that be sufficient?

4) My job title was listed in the COP however the responsibilities are completely different. I have called the help line & explained this and they said to 'defiantly' use the one matching the job title. Anyone had the same thing?

5) Since my new WP was granted in 2008 I am now earning 20% more than the amt on my WP having received two salary increases. Will that raise questions?

6) I have had bang on 190 days outside the UK - 10 being a work trip which I have a letter for from my work, taking me to exactly 180 days. Will that also raise questions?

Thanks for any feedback!
I think your application is straight forward. My only question is how did you calculate 190days outside UK? Note do not consider day of departure and arrival in calculating days spent outside UK.

Answer to point 1: As long as you have the FLR reference letter, it confirms it was upon receipt of submission of work permit approval letter. So your covered.

Answer to point 2: Salary if its written annually is also acceptable as long as long as your annual salary is based on < 40hrs per week and confirmed on your employment reference letter.

Answer to point 3: That should do it. Although I suggest you seek further guidance on this as by law your company is required to inform the UKBA. Check with the moderates or guru's here.

Answer to point 4: No issues, your salary is expected to go high anyway. The key thing would be to ensure your salary is equal or above the SOC code that has been mentioned by your employer at the time of application.