ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for submission , is this enough and right

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kirmenon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Documents required for submission , is this enough and right

Post by kirmenon » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:54 pm

Hello there,

Hope everyone has had a good xmas and waiting a good new year. I will be applying for my Tier 2 earlier next year , sometime around April- May first week and wanted to know if the list below of doucments are the only ones required or is there anything more ? I have read the guidleine but they dont really tell you what do they exactly need from you. So please help me.

1. Payslips covering the last 6 months from the company I am working in , last pay slip dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of application.

2. Photographs

3. Application Form

4. Certificate of Sponsership

5. Biometric Permit (Since I already had one when I had got my PSW last feb 2010)

6. Passport.

7. Bank statements covering the last 90 days showing 800 £ of maintenance funds.

Is there a bank statement for the entire year in addition to the 90 days also be submitted with this application ? Is there any other doucment that I need to be submitting along with this. This is my only chance. I am shifting from my PSW to tier 2 and I really want this visa just like all of us here applying or going to apply to get this visa to stay in this country.

Thank you everyone in advance for your time.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:02 am

your question makes no sense...

if you really feel its important that you get the visa in your first attempt, than i suggest you fill in the application form correctly (while getting help from accompanied policy guidance which tells you acceptable documents etc.)

for example,
you don't need to submit bank statements if you are sending them your salary slips. This would have been super clear if you had read the application form/policy guidance

kirmenon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Thank you

Post by kirmenon » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:09 pm

Thank you for that information , sorry its not that I had not read the guidance , it was only a nervous question asked. If you dont get angry , can you please clarify because on reading the TIER2 guidance , and on reading posts from other members asked here in year 2010, I understand that if I have been working with the same employer for more than 6 months , in my case I have been with the same firm for more than 13 months , Do i need to still show the 800 £ for the past 90 days as maintenance ?

Sorry , i know the guidance says that its not required , but you guys are experienced people and I wanted to confirm that the maintenance fund requirement is not there then ? . I did a point calculator and there was points assinged to the 800 £ fund maintenance so hav myself a bit confused on that. So please help me and I appreciate all your time spent in answering my query.

So long story short , do I need to show 800 £ for the past 90 days then considering that everything else is in place such as COS etc ?

prabashbala
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by prabashbala » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:55 pm

Tier 2 Policy Guidance (Version 10/2011) - Page 28 of 53 says

Part 7: Points available for Maintenance (funds)
151. You can claim 10 points if:
• you score 30 points for switching from a post-study category (This applies to in-
country applications only); or

Please have a look hope this would be helpful.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:34 am

You got all the correct documents and no you don't need any maintenance funds.

I will pay close attention to the COS and the Job title + salary. Work out the salary if its based on hourly pay. This is the most important bit of TIER2. Also do not apply 3 months before the start date of your COS.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

rka9b
India

Re: Documents required for submission , is this enough and r

Post by rka9b » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:46 pm

masters certificate