ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

african and danish couple

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

african and danish couple

Post by broli » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:48 am

Hello
i just got married with a dansih citizen , in india i am from cameroon
she is living in danemark and came in india under a 6 month tourist visa
she is currently with me.

Do we have the right to move right now in another eu country ( ireland , sweden)

if yes what kind of visa do i need from india , she under scholarship but willing to work as we rich

in additon i have so many jobs offers (but the dont want to support me for work visa ) will that easy the process?

there is a last question i wanted to add , if i go with her under a schengen
visa , with my job available can i extend my stay without the need to go
back first in africa? thank you very much....

newbieholland
United Kingdom

Re: african and danish couple

Post by newbieholland » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:10 am

First of all congratulations on your marriage. I wonder how did you get married on a tourist visa in India. Guess its another story to be told.

You have the right to travel to Europe under the EU treaty, to any other country than the country where your spouse is from ( in your case Denmark). You can apply for a Schenegan visa as that will be the only option for you from India I guess.

You will need to submit-
-Your Passport
-your marriage certificate which should be apostiled from Delhi
-Your spouse`s EU passport
The visa should be issued to you on an accelerated basis.

I feel there is one thing you need to understand that you are applying for a visa soon after your marriage so I would suggest to add the proof of your relationship. Add as much as you can.

Good Luck

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:30 am

You have a right to move together to an EU member state other than Denmark (since she is Danish). After 3 months she has to work or be doing other recognized things.

Does not matter if you work or not for the purposes of visas. All that matters is what she is doing.