ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance of £800

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rakeshkesi123
Newly Registered

Maintenance of £800

Post by Rakeshkesi123 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:16 am

I was maintaining £800 from November 14 2011 for post study visa. Due to my unexpected usage of mobile a direct debit is made on 28 December 2011, so my maintenance of funds down to £744 . Immediately I transfer £100 with In 2 hours . Money out in the same day and money in the same day still remains £800.

Will it be any problem for me to apply for PSW on 16 February 2012.

Thank you
Rakesh reddy kesireddy

kumar17

Post by kumar17 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:02 pm

I dont think this should be a problem as long as the evidence shows that for every single day you had the full amount in your account.

wazobia

Re: Maintenance of £800

Post by wazobia » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Rakeshkesi123 wrote:I was maintaining £800 from November 14 2011 for post study visa. Due to my unexpected usage of mobile a direct debit is made on 28 December 2011, so my maintenance of funds down to £744 . Immediately I transfer £100 with In 2 hours . Money out in the same day and money in the same day still remains £800.

Thank you
Rakesh reddy kesireddy
What bank do you use? If your bank statement only shows the end of day balance, as opposed to a balance after each transaction, then you may be fine as your statement will never show your balance falling below 800.

If it shows your balance after every transaction on your account, that means the statement will show your balance dropping below 800 and it possibly would count against you. In that case, you either have to have a second bank account, in your name, that covers the difference (i.e. 56 pounds or more) on the day your balance dropped. Or a joint account (say your parents) which also has your name and covers that amount on the day.

Otherwise you will have to start counting another 90 days from the day you topped up your account with the 100 pounds. If your visa doesn't allow you to be in the country by then, I am afraid you might have to return to your country to start the process again.

Of course someone else might have a different opinion.

Rakeshkesi123
Newly Registered

Post by Rakeshkesi123 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:35 am

I am using Halifax bank and it will show balance for every individual transaction. Today, i.e., on Wednesday I have deposited another £100 into my lloyds tsb account.

As per your suggestion/guidance I am going to put both bank statements like below:
Halifax: 14 November 2011 to 15 February 2012 and
Lloyds tsb: 28December 2011 to 31December2011 (only for 3 days)

Is that above will be ok for my psw visa?

Please guide me..thank you
wazobia wrote:
Rakeshkesi123 wrote:I was maintaining £800 from November 14 2011 for post study visa. Due to my unexpected usage of mobile a direct debit is made on 28 December 2011, so my maintenance of funds down to £744 . Immediately I transfer £100 with In 2 hours . Money out in the same day and money in the same day still remains £800.

Thank you
Rakesh reddy kesireddy
What bank do you use? If your bank statement only shows the end of day balance, as opposed to a balance after each transaction, then you may be fine as your statement will never show your balance falling below 800.

If it shows your balance after every transaction on your account, that means the statement will show your balance dropping below 800 and it possibly would count against you. In that case, you either have to have a second bank account, in your name, that covers the difference (i.e. 56 pounds or more) on the day your balance dropped. Or a joint account (say your parents) which also has your name and covers that amount on the day.

Otherwise you will have to start counting another 90 days from the day you topped up your account with the 100 pounds. If your visa doesn't allow you to be in the country by then, I am afraid you might have to return to your country to start the process again.

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:29 am

Rakeshkesi123 wrote:I am using Halifax bank and it will show balance for every individual transaction. Today, i.e., on Wednesday I have deposited another £100 into my lloyds tsb account.

As per your suggestion/guidance I am going to put both bank statements like below:
Halifax: 14 November 2011 to 15 February 2012 and
Lloyds tsb: 28December 2011 to 31December2011 (only for 3 days)

Is that above will be ok for my psw visa?

Please guide me..thank you
wazobia wrote:

Thank you
Rakesh reddy kesireddy

From your statements, it looks as if on the day your balance dropped by 56 pounds (28th December), you can show that you had 100 pounds in another account in your name. Am I correct?

If that is the case, then I would say you are fine.