ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

this is what happend in airport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Punjab
BANNED

this is what happend in airport

Post by Punjab » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi guys as we were talking of non eu/eea partners in some previous posts that how they are harrased when traveling with their eu/eea partner this is what happened with me this time. So this jet2 guy sitting on his chair looked at my schengen visa and saw its multi and days something 90 days ( minimum stay). So he asked me how much I have used this visa. I said its multi so its not a problem for me even if I stay there 89 days and come out of any shengen country and enter it again after 1 day it will still be valid.. anyways he didn’t listen and called her supervisor who told him the same thing. People can go to university but sometimes they are illitrate….

On way back IO looked at our passports me and my wife and without asking any q he gave them back to us. So enterence to the UK was very quick..

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:53 am

Are you sure your visa specifies a minimum stay? It's more likely to be a maximum stay, I think.

For a multi-entry visa this maximum stay is for all the visits for which you used it combined. So if on your previous visits you would have already spent a total of 88 days (for example) in the Schengenzone, you would only have two days left for your next trip.
So it is a perfectly sensible question to ask how much of the visa allowance you have already used. In principle it is possible to work it out from all the stamps in your passport, but that can take quite a bit of time, which you don't want to spend when there is a queue of people waiting to check-in as well.

Please refrain from calling people illitrate without very good reason (and look up the correct spelling first). Unless of course that particular sentence refers to yourself; I don't know if you went to university or not...

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:00 am

fysicus wrote:
Please refrain from calling people illitrate without very good reason (and look up the correct spelling first). Unless of course that particular sentence refers to yourself; I don't know if you went to university or not...
it was miss spelled to make the word fun..
i also checked with embassy before they told me the same thing that you can reuse this visa as much as you like.. now i had been to schengen places for more than 90 days no problem ever. ta mate

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Post by eldane » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:48 am

Punjab wrote:
fysicus wrote:
it was miss spelled to make the word fun..
i also checked with embassy before they told me the same thing that you can reuse this visa as much as you like.. now i had been to schengen places for more than 90 days no problem ever. ta mate
Hello,

It's best not to play with words when discussing important matters like this one. Your intentions might be misunderstood as happend here (I actually believe you did not intentionally misspelled the word but actually spelled it incorrectly in the first place. When caught out you were trying to save yourself from "loosing face" which is common behaviour in Asian countries to avoid embarrassment).

Also, I think you have not completely understood the Schengen rules....

A visa allows you to stay a maximum of 90 days per 6 months in a Schengen state and is normally valid for the entire Schengen region.

If the visa has been issued for several entries of 90 days with a validity of between one and five years, the validity of the permitted stay is always 90 days per six months.

If you are a citizen of a country with no visa requirement to enter a Schengen state, you may equally stay in the Schengen region for a maximum of 90 days per 6 months.

The 90 days may be spread across one or more visits; depending on the number of entries you have been granted.

A visa is granted in the form of a visa sticker which is placed in your passport. The visa sticker indicates a period of validity which typically is longer than the number of days granted. This gives you some flexibility with regards to when the visa may be used. In other words, you cannot stay in any Schengen state for the entire period of validity but only up to 90 days or the max validity of the issued visa.

Usually immigration Service recommends that one use a calendar to count days from the date of entry until you reach the number of days that has been granted. Both the entire entry day and the entire exit day counts, regardless of the time of day you enter or exit the country, as days are counted from midnight to midnight. Both the day of entry and the day of exit must fall within the period of validity. It is always your responsibility to a sure how long you are entitled to stay in any Schengen State.

How is the six month period calculated?
The six month period is calculated from the date of first enty into the Schengen region. The date of first entry is:
• the date on which you entered the Schengen region for the first time, and subsequently
• the date of any subsequent entry into the Schengen region which takes place after the expiration of a six-month period.
This means that when you arrive the first time in any of the Schengen states on 1 February 2010, you can stay in the Schengen region for a period of three months (90 days) within the six-month period which ends on 31 July 2010.

If you return again on 1 October 2010 – i.e. more than six months after your very first entry into the Schengen region – this date will constitute a new 'date of first entry'. Therefore, 1 October 2010 constitutes the beginning of a new six-month period during which you can stay in the Schengen region for a period of up to three months.
If you arrive again on 1 June 2011, it will be this date which constitutes the next 'date of first entry', and so on.

If you are holding a multiple entry visa valid for more than six months you can submit an application for a new visa before the current visa expires. If your new visa is issued and its validity period begins concurrently with the current visa’s expiry, you are permitted to remain in the Schengen area after the first visa expires, provided all conditions for both visas are met, including the regulation limiting the total length of stay within the Schengen area to a maximum of 90 consecutive days and 90 days per six months.
If you have been staying in another Schengen country with a residence permit or on a long term visa limited to another Schengen country (D visa), this stay is not included in the 90 days per six months that you can stay in a Schengen state on a visa or on a visa free stay.
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:45 am

eldane wrote:
Hello,

It's best not to play with words when discussing important matters like this one. Your intentions might be misunderstood as happend here (I actually believe you did not intentionally misspelled the word but actually spelled it incorrectly in the first place. When caught out you were trying to save yourself from "loosing face" which is common behaviour in Asian countries to avoid embarrassment).
what's wrong with the people like you who are always ready to accuse Asians or non whites. you might have been deceived by an Asian but not every one is same. now you can hold on with your opinion about Asians but I hope you do understand that you are dearly beloved [/quote]

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Post by eldane » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:09 pm

Punjab wrote:
eldane wrote:
Hello,

what's wrong with the people like you who are always ready to accuse Asians or non whites. you might have been deceived by an Asian but not every one is same. now you can hold on with your opinion about Asians but I hope you do understand that you are dearly beloved
I find your perception of me being dearly beloved ridiculous taking into consideration I am married to a South American woman, and I was married to an Indonesian woman. Furthermore working in a multi cultural environment with Brits, EU citizens and Non EU citizens for the last 8 years would be quite uncomfortable should I be a dearly beloved.
Further to that I have been to each and every country in the world except of the African continent and Australia and New Zealand. Why on earth would I go abroad if I am a dearly beloved?

Why are whites always reversed labelled dearly beloved when coloured people have run out of arguments?

In fact, if your attitude in this thread was the same you had when you were served during check-in in the airport no wonder the check-in staff made your life awkward. You most likely were playing the dearly beloved card back then.

NO! Better not answer the above as this is an immigration forum and not a debate forum.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:20 pm

eldane wrote:
Punjab wrote:
eldane wrote:
Hello,

what's wrong with the people like you who are always ready to accuse Asians or non whites. you might have been deceived by an Asian but not every one is same. now you can hold on with your opinion about Asians but I hope you do understand that you are dearly beloved
I find your perception of me being dearly beloved ridiculous taking into consideration I am married to a South American woman, and I was married to an Indonesian woman. Furthermore working in a multi cultural environment with Brits, EU citizens and Non EU citizens for the last 8 years would be quite uncomfortable should I be a dearly beloved.
Further to that I have been to each and every country in the world except of the African continent and Australia and New Zealand. Why on earth would I go abroad if I am a dearly beloved?

Why are whites always reversed labelled dearly beloved when coloured people have run out of arguments?

In fact, if your attitude in this thread was the same you had when you were served during check-in in the airport no wonder the check-in staff made your life awkward. You most likely were playing the dearly beloved card back then.

NO! Better not answer the above as this is an immigration forum and not a debate forum.
you see friend what i think what your problem is that your life is been upset by your past experience. you might not have good relations particularly with asians.. now you can say whatever you want but the way you said the bad thing about asians is a kind of beloved. agaist asians. no matter if you are maried to any colour person but your way of expressing thing about asian reflects your thoughts of being a little asian dearly beloved fella inside you.. by the way.. i didnt know you were white so you are again defending yourself writing about white thing etc you are so insecure.. not cool man

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Post by eldane » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:50 pm

Punjab wrote:
eldane wrote:
Punjab wrote:
eldane wrote:
Hello,

you see friend what i think what your problem is that your life is been upset by your past experience. you might not have good relations particularly with asians.. now you can say whatever you want but the way you said the bad thing about asians is a kind of beloved. agaist asians. no matter if you are maried to any colour person but your way of expressing thing about asian reflects your thoughts of being a little asian dearly beloved fella inside you.. by the way.. i didnt know you were white so you are again defending yourself writing about white thing etc you are so insecure.. not cool man
What I was doing was to use what's called a sterotype.

While all stereotypes are generalizations, not all generalizations are stereotypes. Stereotypes are oversimplifications of people groups widely circulated in certain societies. In the United States, for example, facial groups are linked to stereotypes such as being good at math, athletics, dancing and so forth. So well-known are these stereotypes in the U.S. that the average American likely wouldn’t hesitate if asked to identify which facial group in this country is known for excelling in basketball. In short, when one stereotypes, one repeats the cultural mythology already present in a particular society.

Stereotypes Can Be Complicated

Stereotypes are complicated in that when they factor in race and sex, members of the same group may be pegged very differently. Certain stereotypes apply to Asian Americans generally, for example. But when the Asian American population is broken down by sex, one finds that stereotypes of Asian American men and Asian American women differ drastically from each other. Stereotypes involving race and gender may peg the women of a facial group as attractive and desirable and the men as the exact opposite or vice versa.

So, in the end truth is that Asians (no matter if they come from the Far East Asia or Asia) in general does make up a little white lie to escape embarrassment. That not said that any other nationality does not do the same, but the perception is that it happens more frequently within Asians and Far East Asians.

It's like when it's said that the Germans eat sausage and Sauer Kraut and the French eat garlic or the Spaniards postpone everything till tomorrow.
Not every person of those countries has the stereotype attached to them but in general the stereotype fits the description to a certain nationality or group of people.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:14 pm

eldane wrote:
Punjab wrote:
eldane wrote:
Punjab wrote:
cool dude.. whatever makes you feel better..

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:31 pm

Typical "White man's" attitude first f*** up and then try to cover up and explain your stance.

"White Man's" attitude is not dearly beloved but stereotypical here.
eldane wrote:
Punjab wrote:
eldane wrote:
Punjab wrote:

What I was doing was to use what's called a sterotype.

While all stereotypes are generalizations, not all generalizations are stereotypes. Stereotypes are oversimplifications of people groups widely circulated in certain societies. In the United States, for example, facial groups are linked to stereotypes such as being good at math, athletics, dancing and so forth. So well-known are these stereotypes in the U.S. that the average American likely wouldn’t hesitate if asked to identify which facial group in this country is known for excelling in basketball. In short, when one stereotypes, one repeats the cultural mythology already present in a particular society.

Stereotypes Can Be Complicated

Stereotypes are complicated in that when they factor in race and gender, members of the same group may be pegged very differently. Certain stereotypes apply to Asian Americans generally, for example. But when the Asian American population is broken down by gender, one finds that stereotypes of Asian American men and Asian American women differ drastically from each other. Stereotypes involving race and gender may peg the women of a facial group as attractive and desirable and the men as the exact opposite or vice versa.

So, in the end truth is that Asians (no matter if they come from the Far East Asia or Asia) in general does make up a little white lie to escape embarrassment. That not said that any other nationality does not do the same, but the perception is that it happens more frequently within Asians and Far East Asians.

It's like when it's said that the Germans eat sausage and Sauer Kraut and the French eat garlic or the Spaniards postpone everything till tomorrow.
Not every person of those countries has the stereotype attached to them but in general the stereotype fits the description to a certain nationality or group of people.

scorpio1

Post by scorpio1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:22 pm

What's going on here?
this is open forum but doesn't mean so 'open'.
dont attck personally and please follow the forum rules.
thanks

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:50 am

...LOOSE vs. LOSE a face... illiterates accusing each other of illiteracy HA...HA...HAAAAAA fysicus was the only one making the correct point. Punjab & Co. do NOT accuse someone of illiteracy if you are full of it yourself. And the other guy eldane just went the wrong way accusing the "Asian culture". Unless you have a PhD in Asian studies or are yourself from such a country, please refrain from playing an expert, it's pathetic! You insulted the whole bunch of people undeservedly and unnecessarily.

There are no bad nations/races/ethnicities/cultures...there are simply bad people, that's all. Stick to this and you will have no "well wishers" like you probably earned with this post here.

Anyway, Punjab, dear, the easiest way to work out your 90 days is. On the day you enter Schengen, look back 180 days- day X and count whether your stay from day X in the Schengen area has equalled or will equal 90 days during your current entry. That's all, you are, as others said, only allowed 90 days cumulative in one or several trips over a 180 day period. Otherwise, think logically, if all a person with a 3/5 year C-type tourist visa needed to live continuously in a Schengen country was to simply leave the country for a day and come back, kind of defeats the tourism idea of such visas?!

P.S. claiming not to be a dearly beloved based on the marriage to some hot South American chick... and working for a living with people of other ethnicities (I doubt there are "white only" companies nowadays, so you don't really have a choice now, do you?) HAHAHAHA kind of doesn't cut as an excuse. Hating "blacks" but being ok with Asians, Jews and other minorities still makes you one big dearly beloved, mate. Hope I have not overstepped the line here, but if anyone thought the way you did, hope they realise they are wrong after reading this post scriptum :D

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:06 am

Thanks mcovet

Its new year and I forgive the person who has issues with Asians.

shark34
Newly Registered

schengen

Post by shark34 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:21 pm

hi there,

i got my schengen visa as multi entry and allows me for 90days but it has been issued for 7month month. i was with my wife in her EU country and travelled to Austria and Hungary as well. No body controls your passport when you cross the country by car or train. Only on aiport you get the stamp, but no body has asked me anything.

i was there 15 days. we will try to apply for our EEA family permit again and hope this Schengen visa will help....

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:38 pm

I don't know what point you are trying to make.

Anyway, if you travel from one Schengen country to another one, your passport is not checked. This was probably the case with the car and train travel you mention.

Your passport is checked and stamped when you enter or leave the Schengenzone, as you probably did by plane. And in your case it may have been obvious that you were not even close to the limitations of your visa, therefore no need to ask you anything.

If, on the other hand, it is found that you exceeded the limitations of your visa (for example staying longer than allowed) don't be surprised if you get a hard time before you are allowed to leave, and possible difficulties when you apply for a Schengenvisa next time.

And again, all the above is fully independent of your mode of travel (car, train or plane). It is just what Schengen is all about.

And I don't think a multi-entry Schengenvisa in your passport carries much weight for an EEA FP application, but of course it doesn't do any harm.

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Post by eldane » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:53 pm

mcovet wrote:...LOOSE vs. LOSE a face... illiterates accusing each other of illiteracy HA...HA...HAAAAAA fysicus was the only one making the correct point. Punjab & Co. do NOT accuse someone of illiteracy if you are full of it yourself. And the other guy eldane just went the wrong way accusing the "Asian culture". Unless you have a PhD in Asian studies or are yourself from such a country, please refrain from playing an expert, it's pathetic! You insulted the whole bunch of people undeservedly and unnecessarily.

There are no bad nations/races/ethnicities/cultures...there are simply bad people, that's all. Stick to this and you will have no "well wishers" like you probably earned with this post here.

Anyway, Punjab, dear, the easiest way to work out your 90 days is. On the day you enter Schengen, look back 180 days- day X and count whether your stay from day X in the Schengen area has equalled or will equal 90 days during your current entry. That's all, you are, as others said, only allowed 90 days cumulative in one or several trips over a 180 day period. Otherwise, think logically, if all a person with a 3/5 year C-type tourist visa needed to live continuously in a Schengen country was to simply leave the country for a day and come back, kind of defeats the tourism idea of such visas?!

P.S. claiming not to be a dearly beloved based on the marriage to some hot South American chick... and working for a living with people of other ethnicities (I doubt there are "white only" companies nowadays, so you don't really have a choice now, do you?) HAHAHAHA kind of doesn't cut as an excuse. Hating "blacks" but being ok with Asians, Jews and other minorities still makes you one big dearly beloved, mate. Hope I have not overstepped the line here, but if anyone thought the way you did, hope they realise they are wrong after reading this post scriptum :D
I am not sure what you expect me to do, but I think I had said it clearly for all to understand. And I am not going to embark on more explanation regarding what has been said and done.

Oh! And thanks for recognising that my wife is hot. I would have had a problem if she is a minger.

For the record I rest my case with regards to illiterates; Check you own spelling before you throw stones - especially when you live in a glass house as it appears you do. (try spell ethnicities X 2and equalled correctly. However, now that we are "en par" in the spelling business let's leave it like that)

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:12 am

eldane wrote:
mcovet wrote:...LOOSE vs. LOSE a face... illiterates accusing each other of illiteracy HA...HA...HAAAAAA fysicus was the only one making the correct point. Punjab & Co. do NOT accuse someone of illiteracy if you are full of it yourself. And the other guy eldane just went the wrong way accusing the "Asian culture". Unless you have a PhD in Asian studies or are yourself from such a country, please refrain from playing an expert, it's pathetic! You insulted the whole bunch of people undeservedly and unnecessarily.

I am not sure what you expect me to do, but I think I had said it clearly for all to understand. And I am not going to embark on more explanation regarding what has been said and done.

Oh! And thanks for recognising that my wife is hot. I would have had a problem if she is a minger.

For the record I rest my case with regards to illiterates; Check you own spelling before you throw stones - especially when you live in a glass house as it appears you do. (try spell ethnicities X 2and equalled correctly. However, now that we are "en par" in the spelling business let's leave it like that)
my my look who is back... anyways all i know about glass houses is if you live in one of them then change your clothes with lights off... ;-)

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:18 pm

eldane wrote:

Not to bring back bad memories...but what exactly did you find was wrong with those two words you picked? Anyway, I am not claiming to be literate enough to blatantly accuse others of illiteracy, however, look up Muphry's Law and you will see why I mentioned your post.

The problem with literacy is that not many people have had the privilege of going to schools, unis etc. and when some smart mule picks on another who came here with a problem, that is wrong, that's all...you may PM someone about their mistakes but don't, please don't play a teacher out in the open. UNLESS, as Punjab did here, he misunderstood the applicable law and could have confused the situation for many other members, that's why fisycus stepped in and rightly so.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Well Said!!!, I agree with Mcovet
mcovet wrote:
eldane wrote:

Not to bring back bad memories...but what exactly did you find was wrong with those two words you picked? Anyway, I am not claiming to be literate enough to blatantly accuse others of illiteracy, however, look up Muphry's Law and you will see why I mentioned your post.

The problem with literacy is that not many people have had the privilege of going to schools, unis etc. and when some smart mule picks on another who came here with a problem, that is wrong, that's all...you may PM someone about their mistakes but don't, please don't play a teacher out in the open. UNLESS, as Punjab did here, he misunderstood the applicable law and could have confused the situation for many other members, that's why fisycus stepped in and rightly so.