ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILE (KOL REQ) to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ash4uk

ILE (KOL REQ) to ILR

Post by Ash4uk » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi All,

My wife passed her LITUK test two weeks ago after having been granted her ILE (KOL REQ) settlement visa in Beijing, issued on Oct 10th, 2011, valid until Jan 10th, 2014. We returned to the UK from China together with our son (already a UK passport holder) on November 4th, 2011.

The list of documents required in support of the SET(M) form for ILR requests, I believe, 6 individual documents spread over 2 years from at least 3 separate sources to prove we all live together.

Since we were already married and living together for 6 years in China, my wife can apply for the ILR immediately upon passing the LITUK test.

So does that mean we will instead need to submit 6 individual documents spread between November 4th and today from at least 3 separate sources since we have not lived here for longer than two months yet?

I ask because it took almost a month after November 5th to even receive any postal mail from electric, gas, water, phone companies with our joint names written on them. Our earliest proof because of this is November 11th. All the others are dated end of November/beginning of December. (In fact most utility companies offer a 1-3% discount on your bills if you agree to receive paperless bills each month, which is quite useless for our situation!)

We'd be really appreciative of any help.

Thanks so much.

Ash

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:45 pm

Just submit whatever you have from the time you have been in the UK. It's clear for her visa type that you have not been in the UK for sufficient time to have a spread of bills over two years and nor it is it necessary in your situation. It won't matter.

Ash4uk

Post by Ash4uk » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:19 pm

Lucapooka, thanks for the reply. That makes things much clearer. We'll submit the application in January, so fingers crossed it should be fine. :)

Red Sea Angel
Newly Registered

Post by Red Sea Angel » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Ash4uk ~ Any news on your wife's ILR application?

My husband and I are in the same position: he was granted the KOL req. endorsement on his settlement visa and we are anxious for him to take the KOL test shortly after we arrive in the UK, then immediately apply for ILR.....we really just want to get all visa applications over and done with so we don't have to think about it again for another few years (naturalisation)!

Did you have a PEO appointment or submit the application by post?

Please update, I'd love to know how you got on!

Many thanks :)