ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted - Croydon - HSMP-Tier 1 (general)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bepositive
Newly Registered

ILR granted - Croydon - HSMP-Tier 1 (general)

Post by bepositive » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:36 pm

I had my same day appointment today for ILR at Croydon and thought I should also share my experience with anyone who might be interested. This forum has helped me out over the past 6 years throughout my journey to ILR. I would like to thank all the moderators, members etc for their help!!!

My appointment was at 8:15am and I arrived at the PEO at 7:30am!

Went through the normal security checks, airport style. I was then asked to go to a counter and I think all the lady did was to give me my number and checked my application form and passports (left passport at home!!!) so lady checked my photocopied passports as I explained my husband was going to get them. She then gave me a token number and asked me to go upstairs and pay.

Paid using a credit card on the 1st floor and was asked to take a seat in the waiting area. I was number 2.

At 8:20am, the officer called me to the counter and asked for my documents and passport. I then said I did not have my passports as I forgot both (myself and husband's) at home since I was in a mad rush to miss the traffic!! Well, we drove for 2 and a half hours to Croydon!

She then asked if I would like her to go through my application and then submit the passports later. I said fine with me. She asked for all my documents ( I had all my docs arranged nicely in a file and all the photocopies in a different folder) I gave her the folder containing the original documents and my photocopied passport.

3 yrs bank statements and payslips
P60 for 5 yrs
cohab docs
Life in the UK results

She entered some details on her computer, went through the application, bank statements and told me my life in the UK score was a perfect score! :)

NO questions asked at all by the Officer.

She then asked for the photocopied docs. She checked them and mentioned that I had done half of her work. She then saw my cohab docs and said those were not required as my application is a PBS application.

She asked that I wait in the waiting area and come back after my passport arrives.

4 hours later, my husband brought the passports and I took it over to the counter. She checked them and said 'you have been granted ILR together with your husband!" I was well pleased.

20 mins later, our passports were ready and I collected them at counter 22.

I have 2 children however, I did not add them on my application as I intend applying for their British passports tomorrow!

I parked at Whitgift parking - cost me a fortune! £2.40 an hour.

I did not book a family appointment - however, I took my 2 daughters with me and no questions asked.

Husband had 3 pts as he was driving 3 years ago without a full license however this was not declared as we thought it was irrelevant.

In all, it was a pretty good experience apart from me forgetting to take my passports along!!! gush .... call that very silly!!!!

fellyblue1
Newly Registered

Post by fellyblue1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:21 pm

Congrats on your success!
You have mentioned that you will apply for your children's British passport tomorrow. Are you aware that they will have to 'first' register as British citizen BEFORE applying for their passports? This cost £540 per applicant and after you receive the certificates then you can complete passport application and send the registration certificates as proof of entitlement. Waiting times for registration certificates are 3-6 months. Goodluck....

bepositive
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by bepositive » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:27 am

Many thanks for your comments

Tier1_ILR_Applicant

Post by Tier1_ILR_Applicant » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Many congratulations! So PBS basd ILR does not require cohabitation prove?

thewolfman21

previous employer

Post by thewolfman21 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Did you work for single employer for 4/5 years?

rasinrdj

Post by rasinrdj » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:53 pm

Hi congrats and good luck for citizenship :)
Was your partner a dependant applicant or has own pbs application?
Did you have any children in the application?

Thanks