ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL OCTOBER applicants POST here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

root

ALL OCTOBER applicants POST here

Post by root » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:58 am

Category: under 28 Out of country Pakistan
education: 15
work experience : 35
past earnings: 35
significant achievment: 15

Total: 105

Application sent: 3-OCT-2006
HO Received: 9-OCT-2006
CC charged: 10-oct-2006
Ref No Received: 11-oct-2006

Second application
Last edited by root on Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:20 am, edited 6 times in total.

v3

Post by v3 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:21 am

Hi Root

good luck :) keep us updated abt your timescales when u hear from HSMP team.

I could find out most hsmp applicants called the HSMP office and got refrence number. so you can do tht in a week.

I will be applying by oct 15 time frame .

I have one question here, hope you or moderators can answer.

> i have 10 months pay slip which will qualify well abv 40k pounds in UK. so is it fine to apply with 10 months pay slip or compulsarily 12 months income time is needed ?

i have p60, employers letters stating my gross, pay slips ( of 10 months)

so clearing this small doubt of mine, look forward to hear from u all
cheers
v3

root

Post by root » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:26 am

Hi V3

I will surely post . thanx for wishing me.

I am sure u can do this as its not necessary for payslips to cover 12 months, for remaining 2 months, these 2 months shud be covered in some other evidence like bank statement or P60.If its so then OK.

v3

Post by v3 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:29 am

hey root

i was not working for 2 months.... honestly was on break b4 joinign new employer ....so i am on roles of present company from jan till date ( october 20 when i apply)

i was on leave nov and december !!

i think if i prove if my salary is abv minimum required tht sud be suffice rt ?
cheers
v3

root

Post by root » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:34 am

Tell them u were on leave for 2 months because of some reason, if u have evidence for it then show it.
I note one thing that if u have any reason which can be a problem, try not to put them under carpet.Try to show them with appropriate reason, as caseworker may think in same way but he may not have reason so he can refuse.

whatever ur reasons are put them in good words.dont hide anything.

As i have sent my app in end of sep almost as 1oct was sunday so i cannot show proof for Sep. so many people on forum said 12 months shud be from oct to sep 06. I said i dont have proof for sep as i am sending in end.it doesnt mean that if they r receving app in start of oct then they muct wanna know proof of last month.

v3

Post by v3 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:40 am

very true ! i will mention i was on break for two months... i think i wudnt be having any documentary evidence of two months break ... so i thinkn mentioning it in letter sud be suffice >?<
cheers
v3

v3

Post by v3 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:42 am

Hey root,

Could you summarize what all docs you included for your application. It would be useful for fellow applicants in october or november.

I will come with my list in some time or so :)
cheers
v3

root

Post by root » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:47 am

Please follow my post,I have mentioned all docs there
http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic. ... dc93de8112

v3

Post by v3 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:07 am

thts a good list of documents

good luck eh
cheers
v3

farah

12 months

Post by farah » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:08 pm

root

As per case worker guideline last 12 month are to be counted from date of reciept of HSMP application.
One can avoid posting application towards the end of month as in that case HO will count 11 months only. However, if salary of 11 months exceeds the limit than it is OK.
In another post you have stated that in Pakistan reciept of tax return is available after 2 weeks. Since I am tax lawyer so I can affrim that reciept is given at the spot.
Send tax return to HO as additional document at the earliest

Farah

root

Post by root » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:32 pm

I have stated before that my 28th birthday is due on 22 oct , so i cannot take any risk to send application later.
as My employer send signed letter from UK which takes time.

tax document in Pakistan is based on self assessment form which is unacceptable for HO. anyways I have sent two evidences which were accepted last time and I got full points based on them.

in my previous application I had the same case that I have sent application in end so I did not include last month slip. they didnt bother abt it and gave me full points in it.
I have asked workpermit help line and my caseworker abt it, they said dont worry abt it. It will b accepted.

v3

Post by v3 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:40 pm

for 12 month period : this is wht case worker guidelines state

When looking at the evidence the first thing that should be checked is that the
evidence provided covers the correct 12 month period. This should be the 12
months prior to the application being received (this should be taken on the
date received stamped on the front of the application form).

> so tht wud mean if recieve my application on oct 20...thy will consider my earnings prior to october 20 !
> since i get paid weekly so i can show my pay uptil october 14 !

thanks to all of you :))
cheers
v3

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:07 pm

Since it says 12 "months" prior to the application being received, in your case it will be till September.

You might get paid weekly, but what they are interested in is annual earnings in 12 months before October (in your case) and not necessarily till October 14th (which is same month as the moth of application).

regards

v3

Post by v3 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:19 pm

Thanks Sush

it seems like bit touchy issue...

> if i am paid in october it wont be counted ? if my application reached on oct 20

> so if my octobers pay is to be counted i have to submit on nov 1 ?
cheers
v3

v3

Post by v3 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:22 pm

ahhh i re read ur response twice and gotch it answered :))

oki dok i will apply on nov1 ....
cheers
v3

root

Post by root » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:26 pm

I am unable to understand that If I have sent app in end of one month and they just received app in start of 1 month then how can I show slip and proof on letter.

Should I ask again letter from employer in UK h e will then send me, then I send slip and letter again to HO.

what about past earnings I showed on app form. shud I fill again that page..? and send again.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:39 pm

Root,

Moral of the story is "Don't send application at the end of the month if there's a chance that it will received after 30th/31st of that month". :wink:

I don't think caseworkers have the time to look at these nitty-gritties of each and every application. Their guidance says 12 months immediately prior to the application being received and that's what they care about.

And I don't blame them for that - if I were a caseworker manager with piles of applications sitting to be evaluated by my team, I will defintely tell them to follow whatever is laid down in the guidance, and not waste time on these minor details if there's no clear & concise explanation provided. Please understand this is a monotonous / cyclic job and you are not expected to apply your mind in infering the evidence(s) provided. The answer in front of the caseworker's eyes should be absolutely CLEAR.

That is why every experienced and successful applicant in the past has given one consistent advice - MAKE YOUR APPLICATION SIMPLE AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND.

regards

root

Post by root » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:45 pm

why u didnt give me this suggestion in my other thread b4. I gave all my information there and asked suggestions from all of u. Nobody told me abt this. Now I have sent my application. I have still time as they will get my app tomorrow and it will take around 1 week for processing.
can u tell me what shud I do now.

shud I send letter from employer and salary slip of sep again??
as my past earnings will then b different if i will include sep, shud I also refill income section of form again?

It was the same case with me in my prev application but they gave me full points, they didnt argue it. If they were doing monotous job last time then OK may be they will do same again
I called HSMP team 5,6 times every time they said its Ok.
but when I see posts here , I become worried

v3

Post by v3 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:58 pm

thanks sush ... you are a star :)

I would be greatful if you could answer my another quesry in
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=10378

Root:

You can call up HSMP office and send in any additional info if you feel you can add !!
cheers
v3

eh1981
Newly Registered

Post by eh1981 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:54 pm

Hey root, I am not experienced with HSMP, but I'd like to share my points of view, just based on common sense, about the period of past earning:

I don't think it is based on "Immediate" 12 months prior to the application receipt date, this is state nowhere officially, and I think it is impossible as:

1) in most countries, the tax return for a month is released one month after the month concerned, thus it is impossible for one to provide income tax return timely to meet the requirement, (e.g u have to wait till Oct to get ur Sept tax return, then when the HO receive ur application, it would be Nov).

2) for some applicants, they worked couple of years and then went for study, so the only earnings they could claim,after their study, is what they earned before study, how could that period be immediate before the application receipt month?

again, I am not at all experienced, just saw u r so worried abt this, hopefully I won't affend anyone if I am telling wrong...

root

Post by root » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:05 pm

yes u r right. in this depression I again called HO for 8th time to ask abt this and I request him to consult any other person in HSMP team and he said no worries v dont need sept slip, wat v want is that to cover 12 months. now I am satisfied.

eh1981
Newly Registered

Post by eh1981 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:11 pm

hi, root, glad that u got positive feedback. I am preparing for the application now, what I prepared for past earnings is 12 months from Aug 2005 to July 2006, and I will send the application this Oct, so according to the informatin u obtained from HO, this is ok? I mean even if there is 2 months' gap (Aug and Sept) there?

v3

Post by v3 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:41 pm

Hey eh

i think your confused, read guidelines wht i pasted below here

When looking at the evidence the first thing that should be checked is that the
evidence provided covers the correct 12 month period. This should be the 12
months prior to the application being received (this should be taken on the
date received stamped on the front of the application form).

and also wordings of sush

> to answer ur question if u had to show earnings uptil july 2006 u sud have applied by august !

> thy will chk 12 months prior to ur application
cheers
v3

root

Post by root » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:32 am

I dont think so there shud be 2 months of gap. my case is different as I have applied in one end of month.

so if u r applying in mid of month then plz include last month also

in ur case oct 05 to sep 06

eh1981
Newly Registered

Post by eh1981 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:29 am

I am confused, the guy is doing exactly the same as me, and the reason he failed, as he explained according to the HSMP team, is the incorrect base of salary, i.e. net salary is used.

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=10463

If he is rite, that means the period doesn't have to be 12 months immediately before the month application is filed. Just imagine how could you get ur bank statement so prompt?