ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query Regarding Employment and Visa Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

king99
Newly Registered

Query Regarding Employment and Visa Application

Post by king99 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi,

I have done visa application in November 2nd Week and Biometric in december , I am waiting for my PSW visa .I am currently temporarily employed . I had a query that my visa expires on 22nd January (Student one).If I don't still get a response on PSW by 22nd January , After that am I still allowed and continue to work till decision is made on my psw application.Also please can anybody suggest what is time required after biometric to get visa in hand as I had done biometric in 2nd week of december and still not got any decision.

Would be thankful for help.

Regards,
King99

doucheykid
Newly Registered

we're on the same boat

Post by doucheykid » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:43 pm

From what I know, it usually takes about 2 weeks after biometrics enrollment. I enrolled my biometrics on the 6th of December (HO Liverpool) and still waiting for the decision. My current visa (student) will also be expired on the third week of Jan.

Tried to call them but they won't response to any application made less than 6 months ago. Hufff... I'm getting super worried. But hopefully it will come soon. I will keep you updated.

king99
Newly Registered

Post by king99 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:22 pm

Thanks for reply , Please keep me update same would I . Hope we get the visa soon.

Benjamin
Newly Registered

Post by Benjamin » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:10 pm

I enrolled my biometrics exactly a month ago and I'm still waiting, so I think 2 weeks is a bit optimistic.

doucheykid
Newly Registered

Post by doucheykid » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for the reply. I have been told by the officer in HO liverpool that usually it takes 2 weeks after biometric to get the decision.

Now I'm really anxious about this tho I'm sure I've met all the requirements and scored 95 points in total in the application. Have you tried to call them? Does this delay means there is something wrong about our applications?

Please keep us updated with your progress.

Benjamin
Newly Registered

Post by Benjamin » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:32 pm

I am also really anxious. I do not think there was anything wrong with my application either, so I'm not sure why it's taking so long, given the turnaround times that other people are posting. I don't think it means there is anything wrong with our applications, however.

I had some items go missing in the mail recently, which has made me worried in case any of my documents have been lost - I tried to call them, not for any in depth info, just to see if they had recently dispatched anything to me - but they would not help me because it was "less than 14 weeks" - and they could not give me any progress updates as I didn't apply more than 6 months ago!

So... seems like all I can do is wait? And if I don't hear anything in 6 months, then I'm allowed to complain :roll:

Best of luck to you.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:06 pm

You all seem to be missing the fact that it's Christmas and therefore the UKBA has been closed for a few days and in addition, will probably have a number of people on leave and therefore processing times will be longer. 4 weeks is a more accurate timeframe for a decision after biometrics and you need to add at least a week to the usual processing times

doucheykid
Newly Registered

Post by doucheykid » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:08 pm

Thank you for the reply Greenie! Merry xmas

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Query Regarding Employment and Visa Application

Post by Greenie » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:13 pm

king99 wrote:Hi,

I have done visa application in November 2nd Week and Biometric in december , I am waiting for my PSW visa .I am currently temporarily employed . I had a query that my visa expires on 22nd January (Student one).If I don't still get a response on PSW by 22nd January , After that am I still allowed and continue to work till decision is made on my psw application.Also please can anybody suggest what is time required after biometric to get visa in hand as I had done biometric in 2nd week of december and still not got any decision.

Would be thankful for help.

Regards,
King99
whilst you are waiting for a decision on your application you will still be subject to the conditions of your tier 4/student visa, so if you have the right to work and your course has now finished, you will continue to be able to work whilst you are waiting for a decision, even if your tier 4/student visa expires in the process. This is assuming you made an in time application.

doucheykid
Newly Registered

I've finally got it

Post by doucheykid » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:32 am

Good morning everyone,

I hope you all had a good sleep. I am writing to tell you that I have finally got my documents back along with a letter from UKBA saying that... my application has now been approved!!! I am so relieved now.. I will put a frame on it as it is the most beautiful piece of letter iv ever received. lol.

Date of the letter: 23 December 2011. I've tried to track it wif royal mail special delivery service since last week but it always says that they don't have the package yet, even today. So I guess this is an error on royal mail system. But yeah.. thanks God that I've finally got the good news. I wanna thank everyone in this forum that have helped me in the process. Have a nice day! Benjamin and King99, I'm sure you'll get yours. It just takes time.

Regards,
Dk