ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 general student visa issued but work prohibited

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blueyy
Newly Registered

Tier 4 general student visa issued but work prohibited

Post by blueyy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:17 am

Hi

I have received my visa from the office yesterday and note that my visa states that I am prohibited from working while everything remains correct. I have fully met the requirements of being able to work up to 20 hours per week. I am currently studying an undergraduate degree and my higher education institution is listed as a highly trusted sponsor. In addition, my CAS clearly states that I will be on internship 15-20 hours per week on top of studying. My internship is part of my course. With these details, I am pretty sure I have met their requirements of being able to work in the UK. My friend who has applied exactly the same thing, was allowed to work up to 20 hours while mine was prohibited.

I have notified the visa office and they are being really unhelpful. In addition, it's the new year's holiday, the embassy which processes my visa is closed.

I am due to fly on 6 Jan and my course starts soon after that. I am worried that I am not able to get my visa settled in my home country before traveling. I need some advice here as to what should I do and whether I can correct this error in UK if I cannot get it solved in time in my home country?

Thank You

ruskcake

Re: Tier 4 general student visa issued but work prohibited

Post by ruskcake » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:23 am

blueyy wrote:Hi

I have received my visa from the office yesterday and note that my visa states that I am prohibited from working while everything remains correct. I have fully met the requirements of being able to work up to 20 hours per week. I am currently studying an undergraduate degree and my higher education institution is listed as a highly trusted sponsor. In addition, my CAS clearly states that I will be on internship 15-20 hours per week on top of studying. My internship is part of my course. With these details, I am pretty sure I have met their requirements of being able to work in the UK. My friend who has applied exactly the same thing, was allowed to work up to 20 hours while mine was prohibited.

I have notified the visa office and they are being really unhelpful. In addition, it's the new year's holiday, the embassy which processes my visa is closed.

I am due to fly on 6 Jan and my course starts soon after that. I am worried that I am not able to get my visa settled in my home country before traveling. I need some advice here as to what should I do and whether I can correct this error in UK if I cannot get it solved in time in my home country?

Thank You
You will find the answer on the following site:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... onditions/#

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:02 pm

what is the name of your tier 4 sponsor?