ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language test before marriage?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shumi
Newly Registered

English language test before marriage?

Post by Shumi » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:41 am

Hi guys,
My partner and I will be getting married soon. He's currently visiting me here in the UK and due to fly back next month. Does anyone know if he can take the language test before we get married? I would like him to take it here in the UK but don't want to step a foot wrong with our application.

ruskcake

Re: English language test before marriage?

Post by ruskcake » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:15 am

Shumi wrote:Hi guys,
My partner and I will be getting married soon. He's currently visiting me here in the UK and due to fly back next month. Does anyone know if he can take the language test before we get married? I would like him to take it here in the UK but don't want to step a foot wrong with our application.

You need to visit the following sites:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -language/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... _partners/

There is no mention if you need to do the test before or after the marriage. It makes no difference.

flyguy

Post by flyguy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:45 am

Yeh you can do a english test before marriage. Some of the approved tests will have a expiry date, some have no expiry and some have a 2 year expiry date.