ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rommel
Newly Registered

please help

Post by rommel » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:06 am

Im currently working in Dubai UAE, 27 years old, single. My mother is an Irish citizen, i've been in Ireland as a tourist visa only, is there any chance i can be with my mother in Ireland ? any advise please help me

sensitivesoul
Newly Registered

Application

Post by sensitivesoul » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:57 am

Hey rommel,
Well you qualify to be an Irish citizen since your mother was an Irish citizen at the time of your birth. What length of time were you thinking of spending with your mom? Permanently or temporary?

What you need to do if you want the citizenship is locate the nearest Irish embassy (you can use google for that), and see what they say on their site when applying through a parent.

You will need your Birth Certificate, proof of address (notarized copy), an ID(passport & Driver's license will do). For your Mom you will need her birth certificate and marriage certificate along with a notarized copy of her ID and passport. I can't think of anything else you would need but I would double check on the embassy's website closest to you as it might vary from country to country. Good luck :)

adlexy

Re: please help

Post by adlexy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:00 pm

rommel wrote:Im currently working in Dubai UAE, 27 years old, single. My mother is an Irish citizen, i've been in Ireland as a tourist visa only, is there any chance i can be with my mother in Ireland ? any advise please help me
You can find full and clearer details at:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... tml#ld1a9a

All the best!