ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is this legal?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

driftingaway1
Newly Registered

is this legal?

Post by driftingaway1 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:23 pm

In late september 2011 three distant relatives of mine, (they are all Bangladeshi citizens,) secretly travelled to the UK (sorry, don't know all the ins and out of the legalities involved, I do know however that they did not use their own passports).

They were brought to the UK in 2003 on a visiting visa, (courtesy my ailing grandmother) and were here for several months before their visa expired and they returned back to Bangladesh. During this period of time two of the children briefly attended a local primary school.

Now, almost 9years later, they have been offered naturalisation as british citizens as long as they have been here for a set period of time (7years i think?) they have travelled to the United Kingdom, and are now feigning that they have been in the UK as immigrants since 2003, and never left in the first place. Presently, they are trying to aquire welfare state benefits. The woman, and her eldest child now attend ESOL classes at a local college and her youngest daughter has recently started attending a local high school.

The woman is also falsely claiming that she works, part time, at her brothers store.

The woman is in her early 50's and she has left behind her estranged husband, her home, three grown children, and claims she has no other family in Bangladesh and no source of support.
Moreover, the woman has every intention to show to the local authority that she is the 'carer' of my grandma (who has actually been cared for by her two son's since 1996).

Her two brothers travelled to Bangladesh (they are UK citizens, btw) and returned with their sister and neices. From what I have heard, they were refused entry to the UK at the Syhlet high commission and later, travelled to the capital of Bangladesh, Dhaka, and took a flight to the UK from there.

IS this legal? Will they be caught? how can i report this incident and bring it to the attention of the higher authorities?

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:11 am

Re: is this legal?

Post by 2012 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:04 pm

driftingaway1 wrote:In late september 2011 three distant relatives of mine, (they are all Bangladeshi citizens,) secretly travelled to the UK (sorry, don't know all the ins and out of the legalities involved, I do know however that they did not use their own passports).

They were brought to the UK in 2003 on a visiting visa, (courtesy my ailing grandmother) and were here for several months before their visa expired and they returned back to Bangladesh. During this period of time two of the children briefly attended a local primary school.

Now, almost 9years later, they have been offered naturalisation as british citizens as long as they have been here for a set period of time (7years i think?) they have travelled to the United Kingdom, and are now feigning that they have been in the UK as immigrants since 2003, and never left in the first place. Presently, they are trying to aquire welfare state benefits. The woman, and her eldest child now attend ESOL classes at a local college and her youngest daughter has recently started attending a local high school.

The woman is also falsely claiming that she works, part time, at her brothers store.

The woman is in her early 50's and she has left behind her estranged husband, her home, three grown children, and claims she has no other family in Bangladesh and no source of support.
Moreover, the woman has every intention to show to the local authority that she is the 'carer' of my grandma (who has actually been cared for by her two son's since 1996).

Her two brothers travelled to Bangladesh (they are UK citizens, btw) and returned with their sister and neices. From what I have heard, they were refused entry to the UK at the Syhlet high commission and later, travelled to the capital of Bangladesh, Dhaka, and took a flight to the UK from there.

IS this legal? Will they be caught? how can i report this incident and bring it to the attention of the higher authorities?
1. I am very surprised to read u post and u concerns which are related to your own family members and u keen interest in this issue.

driftingaway1
Newly Registered

Post by driftingaway1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:24 pm

2012 wrote:
driftingaway1 wrote:In late september 2011 three distant relatives of mine, (they are all Bangladeshi citizens,) secretly travelled to the UK (sorry, don't know all the ins and out of the legalities involved, I do know however that they did not use their own passports).

1. I am very surprised to read u post and u concerns which are related to your own family members and u keen interest in this issue.
Why?
If its illegal and they are caught, then the implications will be huge for everyone, including those who knew about it and kept mum.

Im sure you can understand that this is a difficult situation for me. I don't really consider them my family members. FYI, we are not particularly close or in contact for that matter.

Im just trying to be a good citizen, especially keeping in mind the recession and the economic upheavel the country is going through. Rightful people aren't receiving enough support and benefits to sustain on, there are so many financial cuts being struck and I just don't feel it is morally right for people to take advantage and deceive the government when they are not eligible for anything.

deepakmehtauk

Post by deepakmehtauk » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:58 pm

driftingaway1 wrote:
2012 wrote:

Why?
If its illegal and they are caught, then the implications will be huge for everyone, including those who knew about it and kept mum.

Im sure you can understand that this is a difficult situation for me. I don't really consider them my family members. FYI, we are not particularly close or in contact for that matter.

Im just trying to be a good citizen, especially keeping in mind the recession and the economic upheavel the country is going through. Rightful people aren't receiving enough support and benefits to sustain on, there are so many financial cuts being struck and I just don't feel it is morally right for people to take advantage and deceive the government when they are not eligible for anything.
I completely agree with you. It is very important to have a sense of right & wrong. What is right is right & what is wrong is wrong (in most cases anyway).
I wouldnt be able to see my acquaitances do something illegal & lie & try to take advantage of a wonderful system designed to help those who need it.
Even though you ask the question - "is this legal?", I think you already know the answer & you also know what you need to do.

Post by 2012 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:12 pm

deepakmehtauk wrote:
driftingaway1 wrote:
2012 wrote:

Why?

I completely agree with you. It is very important to have a sense of right & wrong. What is right is right & what is wrong is wrong (in most cases anyway).
I wouldnt be able to see my acquaitances do something illegal & lie & try to take advantage of a wonderful system designed to help those who need it.
Even though you ask the question - "is this legal?", I think you already know the answer & you also know what you need to do.
1. If we r saying that we never done anything wrong in our life then i can understnad why u say this.