ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstaying your student visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Overstaying your student visa

Post by silverchloride » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:58 am

a friend of mine had a fallout with his education sponsor and they terminated him. His visa ended on 31st October and he's just been trying here and there to speak to people and lawyers on what he should do next.

since its december, its quite hard for him to transfer his credits somewhere else as well and also his progression in the last three years has been quite poor as well.

what are the implications that he'd face as he's over staying and what advise do you think would best suit him?

many thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:36 pm

Leave the UK.

ruskcake

Re: Overstaying your student visa

Post by ruskcake » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:27 am

silverchloride wrote:a friend of mine had a fallout with his education sponsor and they terminated him. His visa ended on 31st October and he's just been trying here and there to speak to people and lawyers on what he should do next.

since its december, its quite hard for him to transfer his credits somewhere else as well and also his progression in the last three years has been quite poor as well.

what are the implications that he'd face as he's over staying and what advise do you think would best suit him?

many thanks.
I agree with Lucapooka on this one with the following obserations:

Your friends student visa has expired and you yourself admit his academic record is poor (what locally we would call being THICK) So what is he still doing here? (this is a no brainer I mean we all know he is here for economic reasons)

The simple fact is that he is now an overstayer and committing a crime by doing so. And you are no better by helping him, you yourself are undermining the legal process. What you should do is inform UKBA and Crimestoppers.

May be your friend is not as THICK as I thought if he can get you to find him a way to legalise him here in the UK. :?