ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are my options?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cartman
Newly Registered

What are my options?

Post by Cartman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:15 pm

I arrived in the UK aged 15 in 2002 on my own with a six month visitor's visa to join my mother who had been here (she had a 2 year visitor's visa) She enrolled me in a school where I completed my GCSEs, went to college, got 3 A-Levels, went to University and got a BA degree and graduated last year. (All paid for by myself. I haven't got a student loan or any benefits of any kind)

Now that I'm trying to get a job at 25, it is literally impossible and I'm strongly thinking about just returning to my home country, as I will definitely be fine for work etc with my UK degree. But of course I don't want to be banned from returning. (I am planning to come back study a Masters degree here in the future. And with a student visa I might add)

In 2008, she applied (for both of us) for Discretionary Leave to Remain on the basis of her health. She is disabled - but works (very hard selling stuff) It was refused and so was the appeal.

I also happen to be in a relationship with a British citizen who propsed six months ago but of course I know we will not be able to get married here. My partner would be happy to travel with me and help get a spousal visa but I don't really know if that would be given to a previous overstayer.

How to leave is also an issue because the HO, still haven't returned our documents (I think they are expecting us to appeal again)

I'm really stuck in a rot and don't know what to do.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:24 pm

Please continue in original thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.