ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Query on PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zafarzafar80

Urgent Query on PSW

Post by zafarzafar80 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:07 am

Hi All,
I would be greatful if you could reply my query:

My brother has completed his MBA from Liverpool university with distinction and he is applying for his PSW in a day or two.

He had also done MBA from Pakistani University in 2007 but because of the different educational system the Liverpool university asked him that his MBA from Pakistan would be considered as under-graduate degree and he have to do his MBA again in the UK.

Now my question is: Should he also attach the Pakistani MBA degree beside his MBA degree from University of Liverpool ? or only one degree is enough from University of Liverpool to support his application.

Thanks in Advance

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:30 am

MBA from Pakistan has no relevance. Only UK qualifications are accepted for PSW.

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks for the reply, but i was just saying to submit the Pakistani MBA degree to show that the applicant have strong academic back ground. Wouldn't it be a good idea ?

15Jan

Re: Urgent Query on PSW

Post by 15Jan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:15 pm

zafarzafar80 wrote: He had also done MBA from Pakistani University in 2007 but because of the different educational system the Liverpool university asked him that his MBA from Pakistan would be considered as under-graduate degree
Its because of the sub-standard Uni's in pakistan, not only Liverpool Uni, I think even UKBA consider's it to be an under-graduate degree.

Anyway, to get PSW, you need UK degree.

ginger_beer

Post by ginger_beer » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:43 pm

the Pakistani MBA is not relevant to the PSW application, only the Liverpool MBA is relevant I think .. because it's the UK qualification to which your brother's PSW is tied to.

doucheykid
Newly Registered

Post by doucheykid » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:16 pm

no need to submit the degree certificate from Pakistan. They won't even bother to look at it. UK degree from Liverpool uni should be more than sufficient to satisfy the officer regarding the education requirements in the application.

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:03 am

Thanks All for the valuable feeback.

My last question is : My brov got a transcript from Liverpool uni and a confirmation letter confirming his degree complition. But the degree would be awarded in Sept 2012.

Would that be enough ?

anilkmanu
Newly Registered

Post by anilkmanu » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:29 pm

if you have the degree certificate, PSW can be applied for