ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

FLR APPROVED in 17 days!

Post by iyanu » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:58 pm

I called the home office now and I was informed that my FLR extenssion has been approved and dispatched yesterday!

It takes 17 days to achieve this! This is GOD on my side becuase they claimed there are backlogs of over 6000 applications.

I sent an urgent request form on Tuesday(25/09/06) to HO and my application was approved yesterday and dispatched sameday.

I observed that if you had a geniune reason(s) (which is acceptable) for your urgent request, HO will concur. The reason is because, when I called now the customer service voice was telling story about how she think that my urgent request will not be approved because HO has backlogs of over 6000 applications and that I must really have SERIOUS and ACCEPTED reason(s) for me to get approval

I just convinced her to check it for me, after a while she agreed and lo and behold! I had already been given approval since yesterday.

She said to me that she was surprised but very happy for me after delivering the good news.

So, I think you should just send in your urgent request if you have SERIOUS and ACCEPTED reason and with God on your side like he was in my case, you get approval pretty soon.

This is my timelines:

Application sent: 9th September
Application received: 11th September
Payment (postal order) confirmed: 11th September
Reference no. received: 14th September
Application approved: 27th September

I am just waiting for my docs to arrive. I'll keep you guys posted and,

Thank you all. :lol:
Last edited by iyanu on Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OLAKOT
Newly Registered

FLR

Post by OLAKOT » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:32 pm

IYANU-congratulation on your approval when i saw your time frame last week i said to my self that this some body that we submitted on the same day 11th september 2006 received ref no. on the 14th sept.2006. I PRAY that that grace come on my own application too.

Am still waiting.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:46 am

OLAKOT Writes
IYANU-congratulation on your approval when i saw your time frame last week i said to my self that this some body that we submitted on the same day 11th september 2006 received ref no. on the 14th sept.2006. I PRAY that that grace come on my own application too.
If you submitted on the 11-09-06, I am pretty sure your reference number is ready just call the HO on 01142074074. If there is a pressing reason for you to get yours done urgently, just send the urgent request form. I believe you have the grace on your application also.

At any rate, I believe yours will not wait till 9 weeks.

I wish everyone that are still expecting FLR extension to be approved all the best and faster response from the HO by God's grace. Cheers! :lol:

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:29 pm

I received my documents back from HO today and our passports (wife & me) stamped for 4 years each up to october 2010. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to all of you guys from HSMP to FLR Extension.

All Glory be to GOD Almighty. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

angel1241

What Next ????

Post by angel1241 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:11 am

I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this or not, but what should be next after getting the 4 years stamp?

What should we be on the lookout/aware of (other than accessing public funds) to get an ILR eventually ?

How long can we stay abroad and other details if anyone can share them please?

Cheers.

Benadie
Newly Registered

Awaiting dos return

Post by Benadie » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:04 pm

I have just come of the phone with HO Teams and they said that my application has been decided on Monday, she could not say if it was approved or rejected :? She did give me a recorded delivery trackinh number becasue my docs have been posted today :)

This is my time frame for FLR:
HSMP expires: 10 Oct
Application submitted: 31 Aug
Money deducted: 2 Sept
Received letter with reference number: dated 4th Sept
Decision made by LTR Teams: 2 Oct
Docs posted back: 4 Oct

Awaiting delivery at my place..... :shock:

Will let you konw if it is a YES or a no.

Benadie
Newly Registered

Extension granted

Post by Benadie » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:20 am

Just got our documents back with visas stamped for me, my wife and daughter till 1st October 2010.

Now our lives can continue and we can start to realy get settled :D

carlito
Newly Registered

Post by carlito » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:20 pm

today i called WP-UK,still my documents to be processed.they said now a days it takes 4-9 weeks. i sent mine on Aug 17th! still waiting.it is not assigned to a caseworker yet.any one waiting like me?

Ppl who applied after me and got ur documents,can you tell me you sent urgent treatment and got it or got it through normal process.your inputs wud helpful for my action .

Cheers

scotsman
Newly Registered

Post by scotsman » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:39 am

Well, what's happening is this. They have had a huge back log for a while now. Their SLA (service level agreement) is that 70% of applications received will be dealt with in 4 weeks. See the letter with the refernce no.

Problem is that because of the huge application being received and the limited resources in shefield, they have slipped. In order to meet up with the SLA, they had decided that all applications recived before 21st Aug have been put on hold. Well, so to speak. The have decided to Jump to applications received after this date and then work their way slow on applications before.

You are just unlucky because prior to this they were on applications received by 11th Aug. Your application is somewhere between these dates.

The only way to fast track my be to send an urgent treatment and you must have a very good reason for this i.e. need to travel urgently for family illness or death in the family......

Hope this helps.

aqilzeeshan

Where to Post Docs for FLR ?

Post by aqilzeeshan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:47 am

FLR Guide says

Completed applications should be sent to the Payment Handling address below:

Work Permits (UK) - FLR(IED)
PO Box 493
Durham
DH99 1WT

If you wish to send your application by courier the devlivery address is:

Work Permits(UK) - FLR(IED)
Millburngate House
Durham
DH99 1SA

Please note that the Payment Handling Service is independent from Work Permits(UK) and do not process any applications. Furthermore, they do not have the capacity to deal with public callers.

If your application is sent to our office addresses in Sheffield, this will delay the processing of your application.

What i understand from above is
+dont send docs on Sheffield address.
+dont send docs on payment handling address ( why they said to send there initially and that they dont process afterwards , and whats the need to mention it in guide as payment stuff is their internal matter)
+Send docs on

Millburngate House
Durham
DH99 1SA

Am i right ??????????????

aqilzeeshan

Post by aqilzeeshan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:50 am

Sorry i forgot to mention from where i quoted the above text of FLR Guide

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... idance.doc

carlito
Newly Registered

Post by carlito » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:02 am

thx scotsman,i didt send my application to sheffield. i sent mine to Durham.I am planning to go to India on Nov 25th ( application sent on Aug 17th and waiting). can i show my travel ticket and request urgent treatment?

cheers

scotsman
Newly Registered

Post by scotsman » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:17 am

Applications are initally sent to the payment processing center in Durham. They will process the payment and then forward application and documents to Shefield. Durham only handles payments. Shefield is where the application is processed and decisions are made.

Nov is still a loooooooong way away and I don't think you should worry for now. It should have been processed and returned to you long before then. If by mid Nov you still do not have you docs back then you call send in an urgent treatment. Nov is still a long way away and you have no reason to worry....

aqilzeeshan

Payment

Post by aqilzeeshan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:38 am

Regarding payment FLR guide says

Payment can be made by
+Postal order;
+Cheque ( Personal or business );
+Debit Card (Delta or Switch only); and,
+Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard Only).

I have Barclays Debit Card (Visa)

Will it work ?

aqilzeeshan

Which Durham Address docs to send

Post by aqilzeeshan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:47 am

Thanks for your reply.

Which Durham address i should send my docs

Work Permits (UK) - FLR(IED)
PO Box 493
Durham
DH99 1WT

OR

Millburngate House
Durham
DH99 1SA

scotsman
Newly Registered

Post by scotsman » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:57 am

Visa Debit card = Delta
Milburngate house if it is recorded delivery and will be signed for

bergdorf

Post by bergdorf » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:53 pm

scotsman wrote:Well, what's happening is this. They have had a huge back log for a while now. Their SLA (service level agreement) is that 70% of applications received will be dealt with in 4 weeks. See the letter with the refernce no.

Problem is that because of the huge application being received and the limited resources in shefield, they have slipped. In order to meet up with the SLA, they had decided that all applications recived before 21st Aug have been put on hold. Well, so to speak. The have decided to Jump to applications received after this date and then work their way slow on applications before.

You are just unlucky because prior to this they were on applications received by 11th Aug. Your application is somewhere between these dates.

The only way to fast track my be to send an urgent treatment and you must have a very good reason for this i.e. need to travel urgently for family illness or death in the family......

Hope this helps.
I agree with this. It's almost like they have no incentive to complete the mid - August applications (as they've already breached their SLA's)

To the mid - August applicant above, If you don't have a valid reason for an urgent request, are a bit of a risk taker and you are willing to spend an additional £335 you could try this - Ask them to return your application and resubmit it. You are more likely to get it back within a couple of weeks! Just my opinion.

carlito
Newly Registered

Post by carlito » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:42 pm

bergdorf,soctsman thx for your inputs. Hope they will process mid aug applications quickly.. i have to wait.. only that i can do :?

cheers

viren68

Post by viren68 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:32 pm

:D Hello All,

My firends time line is as follows for FLR(IED) HSMP

Posted on 5th sept2006 "nd attempt
Passport received today 6th OCT 2006

GOT VISA upto SEPT 2010.

Earlier his passport was returned as he used the outdatded FLR(IED) form

Myself got FLR(IED ) approved in july upto2010.

All due to the guidance from this superb forum

Thanks moderators and persons behind

Viru

jiffry130157
Newly Registered

EXTENTION HAMP

Post by jiffry130157 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:36 pm

HI TO ALL
I APPLIED FOR EXTENSION OF HSMP ON 3RD OCTOBER 2006
I RECIEVED THE REPLY ON 5TH OCTOBER 2006 SAYING FUND CLEARD
WHEN WILL BE THE EXTENSION BE APPROVED AND I WILL GET MY PASSPORT?
AS MY CURRENT HSMP EXPIRES ON 5TH NOVEMBER 2006, WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GET THIS PROCESS FASTER?

IN CASE OF A DELAY HOW CAN I STAY WITHOUT VALID VISA BEYOND 5TH NOVEMBER 2006.
I APPLIED INCLUDING WITH MY SCHOOL GOING CHILD PASSPORT TOGETHER
I INCLUDED ALL THE DOCUMENTS RELEVANT TO THE APPLICATION
SALARY SLIP, BANK STAEMENT, HSMP ORIGINAL LETTER, CHILD BIRTH CERTIFICATE, EMPLYERS LETTER ETC
CAN SOMEBODY REPLY ME URGENTLY
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
JIFF

jiffry130157
Newly Registered

Re: EXTENTION HSMP

Post by jiffry130157 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:40 pm

HI ALL
CAN ANYONE TELL ME ON WHAT BASIS I CAN REQUEST FOR URGENT TREATMENT?
WHERE THE THE URGENT TREATMENT FORM BE POSTED TO?
hOW MUCH I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT?

THANK YOU AGAIN TO ALL
JIFF
[/quote]

aqilzeeshan

HO Reference number ----------- Important

Post by aqilzeeshan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:38 pm

In FLR(IDE) Form they ask for HO Reference number, that is mentioned on Visa page. In my case only two initial digits 02 are visible rest is cut as the space ended.
How i can find my HO Reference number ?

aqilzeeshan

Number of Employees in Company

Post by aqilzeeshan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:28 am

I found same HSMP reference number on HSMP approval letter as it is on visa page of passport so this problem is solved ( i recognized by initial 2 digits).

I have one more question

FLR(IDE) form ask for number of employees in the company you are working - should i ask my company the exact of employees or rough figure may work - any idea

Any thoughts ?

aqilzeeshan

Post by aqilzeeshan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:32 am

Is there any need to send original HSMP approval letter along with other docs for extension ?

nrvlprasad
Newly Registered

Re: EXTENTION HAMP

Post by nrvlprasad » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:16 pm

[quote="jiffry130157"]HI TO ALL
I APPLIED FOR EXTENSION OF HSMP ON 3RD OCTOBER 2006
I RECIEVED THE REPLY ON 5TH OCTOBER 2006 SAYING FUND CLEARD
WHEN WILL BE THE EXTENSION BE APPROVED AND I WILL GET MY PASSPORT?
AS MY CURRENT HSMP EXPIRES ON 5TH NOVEMBER 2006, WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GET THIS PROCESS FASTER?

IN CASE OF A DELAY HOW CAN I STAY WITHOUT VALID VISA BEYOND 5TH NOVEMBER 2006.
I APPLIED INCLUDING WITH MY SCHOOL GOING CHILD PASSPORT TOGETHER
I INCLUDED ALL THE DOCUMENTS RELEVANT TO THE APPLICATION
SALARY SLIP, BANK STAEMENT, HSMP ORIGINAL LETTER, CHILD BIRTH CERTIFICATE, EMPLYERS LETTER ETC
CAN SOMEBODY REPLY ME URGENTLY
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
JIFF[/quote]

Hello Jiffry,

As long as passport at Home Office you dont need to worry about expiry date of your VISA. Urgent Treatment form is free to request but you need to valid reason in the first place to consider your request.

Cheers