ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Born Child - ILR Required?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

askyara

Post by askyara » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:30 am

hi

thank you so much for the very fast reply and clearing the unsure :) hope everyone has a blessed new year :D

kyara

Valencia
Newly Registered

Post by Valencia » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Jambo wrote:
askyara wrote:I am about to apply for ILR feb 2012. Currently i am holding Tier 1 (PSW) My husband and my UK BORN daughter are my dependant under that visa.Through my reading and this forum, my husband can only apply for ILR 2 years after myself.

From all the above explainantion, i know now, my daughter is eligable to apply for British Citizen by filling in MN1 AFTER I have been granted ILR (hopefully). I have looked through MN1, and i have several questions. Hope anyone can help :D

1. Section 1.3 in MN1 - There is a space there to fill in date of ILR granted for the child. So if the child NEVER apply with me, and only hold tier 1 dependant visa, do i leave this space blank??

2.section 1.27 in MN1 - Space allocated for 'Date father became settled in the UK (e.g. granted indefinite leave to remain)'. In my case my husband will only be granted 2 years after myself. Therefore do i leave this space blank as well???

3. With all these spaces blank, do i need to provide cover letter to explain why the spaces blank. Please advice on what i should do so that i can have a peace of mind.
The MN1 form is designed to cover different categories (UK born child, non-UK born child etc) so some of the questions are not relevant for some categories.

For UK born child, one parent holding ILR is enough. It's is OK to leave blank the questions about the child or the other parent ILR. It will not affect the decision and there is no need to address it in a cover letter.
Askyra sorry don't mean to Hijack your thread,- my situation is similar although both of us have ILR, I want to know if we can send only one passport with the MN1 application, as I want to send mine for renewal.
Jambo-any thoughts?

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:03 pm

nmaj wrote:I did exactly what manyaonisland did. I have two kids born in the UK who were Tier1 Dependent. I didn't include them in the ILR but registered them directly as British Citizens
Have you completed Section 2 of the form MN1?

What other sections are valid, its a bit confusing.

thanks for your help.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:37 am

Guys,

The rule is very straight forward and it doesn’t matter if a child is born after or before parent’s ILR.

It also doesn’t matter if a child has a Tier-1 dependant visa or never had any visa since birth in UK.

You don’t need to apply for ILR for a UK born child (and pay a fee of 600 to 700 pounds). The day you get your ILR, your UK born child will be eligible for British Citizenship (MN1 Form).

Sufi2
Newly Registered

Please help am in similar circum!

Post by Sufi2 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:32 am

I was not clear whether you included your child born in the UK on your application for ILR? If you didn't was filling out MN1 easier did you not have to declare whether child has ILR? Did PEO not ask why you dint include dependants?

Thank you in advance I ave appointment in 2 weeks and can save money if i dont include dependants