ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP!!!! Need Visa Advice for Husband in Jamaica

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shan24
Newly Registered

HELP!!!! Need Visa Advice for Husband in Jamaica

Post by Shan24 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:41 am

I am a British citizen living in UK. My husband lives in Jamaica. We have been together for 4 years. We lived together in Jamaica and I came back to the UK in May 2011. We have a daughter who is now 5 months old and has never met her dad. we talk on skype alot. I am in the process of seeking work however it is a bit difficult finding something that coincides with childcare. Is there anyway that we can apply for his visa before I start working or how soon after starting work can we apply? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. :(

haly4mozi

Re: HELP!!!! Need Visa Advice for Husband in Jamaica

Post by haly4mozi » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:32 am

Shan24 wrote:I am a British citizen living in UK. My husband lives in Jamaica. We have been together for 4 years. We lived together in Jamaica and I came back to the UK in May 2011. We have a daughter who is now 5 months old and has never met her dad. we talk on skype alot. I am in the process of seeking work however it is a bit difficult finding something that coincides with childcare. Is there anyway that we can apply for his visa before I start working or how soon after starting work can we apply? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. :(
I am not working but will apply for my husband's visa next month as I have a 7 week old baby and I am not working and i am claiming income support. I was told I can apply and it will get accepted so just going ahead with it.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:17 am

The only way you can go ahead with it without working is with substantial savings to support yourselves until either of you get work, or you can get third party support. This would be a family member on your side who could demonstrate they are able to support you. Just applying without any of this could result in a refusal. Jamaica is a tough country to crack, my husband is there also and we are waiting until everything is correct before we apply because we dont have £810 to waste!

Shan24
Newly Registered

Post by Shan24 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:19 am

thanks for your response. We really do not have 810 to waste. do u know how long i need to be working for?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:23 am

A minimum of three months, that's what i plan to do.

Shan24
Newly Registered

Post by Shan24 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:07 pm

is there a minimum amount of money that I have to be working?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:04 pm

You need to show you can meet the current income support rates of a couple plus one child.