ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for child over 18

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nattal
Newly Registered

ILR for child over 18

Post by nattal » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:58 pm

My child, who is now over 18 years of age, was granted a visa TO JOIN PARENT(S)/ SYR for 27 months. The date of expiry is 18/06/2012. I am married to UK citizen and have Indefinite leave to remain. My child came here later. What kind application do I have to use now to apply for my daughter’s indefinite leave to remain ? Can I apply now before her visa has expired?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:00 am

If you had ILR before your child applied for a settlement child visa, then your child should have been granted ILE, in line with you. Ask them to correct the error.

Else,
[url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settlement/applicationtypes/]How to apply for settlement in the UK[/url] > SET(M) wrote:Can I include my dependants in my application?

You can use one form for a joint application by you and any children aged under 18, if they are applying as your dependants. Children over 18 must apply separately, using application form SET(F).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nattal
Newly Registered

Post by nattal » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:09 am

Thank you vinny.

I have to explain more .
a)My child came here when I had Limitet Live to Remain.
In april 2011 ( after 2 years stay as a wife of a British man) I got my ILR. I applied SETM form where they say- dependents over 18 should appliy separatly .
b) The date of expiry of my child visa is 18/06/2012 . That is why I decided it was too early to apply for her visa.

c) I was sure that I have to use SETF form for her in 2012. But in some forum I got advice to use SETO.

Question is the same:
1.What kind application do I have to use now to apply for my daughter's Indefinite Leave to Remain ?
2. Could I apply now before the date of her visa expired? Because my child stays here without public funds and it is very vital.

Thanks in advance

nattal

nattal
Newly Registered

Post by nattal » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:14 am

I did not mention that my child has a deabetis Type 1. And we had to collect evidence to bring her here in 2010. MAybe I have to use this papers again. So many questions. But I relly need help. Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:20 am

I think that she may apply now, probably as advised above.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

nattal
Newly Registered

Post by nattal » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:23 pm

Who should be a sponsor in application form SETF? My husband( her step-father) or me?

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:26 pm

You have ILR and can sponsor a relative ie your child over 18. However you will have to show evidence of being a sponsor.

nattal
Newly Registered

Post by nattal » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:47 pm

Thank you, gidoc and vinny, for answers.
My husband called to HO and they said that she needs SETF for her ILR and she can apply in any time before her visa expire 18/06/2012 . Why we can apply now? How long we have to wait for a decision- in 2011 or 2012( time her visa expire)? Any idea?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:53 pm

The sooner she applies, the sooner she will get the decision (299).

nattal
Newly Registered

ILR for child over 18

Post by nattal » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:17 pm

I have send letter to the HO month ago:
My child, who is now over 18 years old, was granted visa TO JOIN PARENT(S)/ SYR for 27 months. The date of expiry is 18/06/2012. I am married to UK citizen and have Indefinite Leave to Remain. By mistake I did not include my daughter in my SET(M) application. What
kind application do I have to use now to apply for my daughter's Indefinite Leave to Remain ? Could I apply now before the date of her visa expired?

I got the HO answer now: Please be advised that from information that you have provide, if you have been granted ILR, you did not include your daughter on your application and she is now over 18 years of age, she will need to obtain and submit application form SET(O) to the UK Border agency.

Please Moderator, advice me what I have to do now? And what form I have to use, because of two different answers I have( from letter and phone call) I totally lost.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:52 am

If you are going to use SET(O), then enclose a copy of their letter with the application.

Do let us know what happens.

nattal
Newly Registered

Post by nattal » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:47 am

Do let us know what happens.[/quote]
FInally today I got all papers back with ITR for my daughter!!! We are so happy! I do want to share my experience. Any little help for peoople who have to do the same!

nattal
Newly Registered

Post by nattal » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:07 pm

30 of September I sent all documents to HO to apply for ILR for my daugher, who is now 20. I will place here all documents we have to provide, because I was not really sure who should be a sponsor-me or my husband. I just sent all papers I can provide :

LIST OF DOCUMENTS:

Letter from UK Border Agency
Documents of main applicant ( my daughter):
1.Passport
2. Birth certificate
3.Life in UK pass notification
4. Letters from the college
5.Letter from current employer
6. Letter from parents
7. Statements of bank account №1,2,3,4,5,6
8. Letter from GP about Diabetics condition.
9.Letter from Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology
10.Letter from charity ( volunteer since may 2011)
11.Edexcel BTEC level 3 Certificate
12.Notification of Performance
13. Letter from the main applicant
14. Proof of address :
-Tax calculation letter from
-Letter from HM Revenue and Customs from
-Letter from JOBCENTERPLUS with NI number
- Pay sleeps
-Letter from college ( old one, she did not study now)
-Letter from 25/05/2001 about enrolment to courses IT and Communication
-P60 form 2010/2011
-Tax calculation form 2010/2011
-Letter from bank
-Letter from Dental Practice

nattal
Newly Registered

Post by nattal » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:13 pm

Documents of step-father of the main applicant:
1.Passport
2.Bank statements
3.Marriage certificate
4.Assignment of assured tenancy
5. Bank statements
6. ISA SAVER confirmation of investment
7.Credit card statements
8.Rent account statements
9.Electricity account
10.Anglian water bill amounts
11.Landlord's service and gas safety records

Document of mother of the main applicant:
1.Passport
2. Pay sleeps
3.P60 form 2009/2010
4.P60 form 2010/2011
7.Bank statements
8.Letter from bank

nattal
Newly Registered

Post by nattal » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:20 pm

4 of October we got THANK YOU letter from HO for the application on FORM SET(O) by post.
We sent all our papers by post 30.10.2011.
And today 3d of January we are happy to get all our papers back with ILR in the passport for my DAughter.
THAnks to ALL, who helped me to go through the discussion process. Thank you to ALL!!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:49 pm

Congratulations!