ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

extranjero
Newly Registered

Dependant Visa

Post by extranjero » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great time celebrating holidays with friends and family.

I am in the process of getting my PSW Tier1 visa. My wife has joined me a couple of weeks ago in the UK, but she has a tourist visa. Once i get my work permit she wants to apply for the dependant tier 1 visa as well to be able to work.

However, in order to do that she needs to apply OUTSIDE the UK in order to get it. She currently has two passports of her country of origin, one is about to expire (in July 2012) thats why she just got a new one.

My question is the following, is there any way for her to apply to the dependant tier 1 visa without going all the way back to her country to apply for it?

I really hope someone can help me with that as it would save her lots of money for the ticket and time as well.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:26 pm

No there is no other way. She has to apply from outside the UK.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:27 pm

No there is no other way. She has to apply from outside the UK.

extranjero
Newly Registered

Post by extranjero » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I know she HAS to apply OUTSIDE the UK, but my question was is there any other way of applying outside the UK without going back to her country, especially that she has two passports. One option might be to leave the UK to a neighbouring country and send her application to the embassy in her country for processing.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:17 pm

extranjero wrote:Thanks for your reply.

I know she HAS to apply OUTSIDE the UK, but my question was is there any other way of applying outside the UK without going back to her country, especially that she has two passports. One option might be to leave the UK to a neighbouring country and send her application to the embassy in her country for processing.
and how do you propose that she gives her biometrics if she is not in her home country?