ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

offence code 801 : no insurance- ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alexander12
Newly Registered

offence code 801 : no insurance- ILR application

Post by Alexander12 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi,
I was given a penalty notice for not having appropriate insurance as the police thought I was doing delivery job.
can I challenge this in the court or simply accept the fine and 6 points. I dont want this to trigger any issues when I apply for ILR. Police said I have only social insurance and doesn't cover business. I have not registered for business or anything as I was doing it as a one off time.

if I challenge this and go to court.. will this affect my application in the future? sorry guys to post this but any help will be appreciated.

thanks
AA
Last edited by Alexander12 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:22 pm

I think if you go to court, it would make things worse.

I would strongly suggest taking a professional advice before doing anything yourself.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:26 pm

www.pepipoo.com

go to this forum and seek advice. If you were doing a delivery job without proper insurance then you are at fault regardless of part time/full time.

check with the takeaway you were working for whether they held any kind of insurance for employees.

Alexander12
Newly Registered

Post by Alexander12 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Linkers, much appreciate your quick reply.

I have contacted prof people (local police station/ solicitor) but the answer they given me isn't giving me a clear view what to do next.
if I accept the ticket then fine + 6 penalty points
If I challenge, then 2out comes possible, win/lose
if lost- is there any worst I should face?
I am honestly clue less and I am confused too

Innocent Devil- thanks for the reply too
they dont hv any docs to proove that I am doing any kind of job, just the photo of the pouch they have taken and I have not disclosed too much information- I just said I am delivering the food