ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Earnings for Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lpk
Newly Registered

Query on Earnings for Tier 1 extension

Post by lpk » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi Friends,

Got a question on earnings for Tier 1 extension. I came to UK on Tier 1 General on rules applicable before change of rules ( 95 points ) .

My question is for Tier 1 extension, do I need to show the earnings as I got at the time of initial application (or) is it enough if I show earnings where I just qualify ?

At the time of initial application my earnings were in 55000 - 69999 band
but I just need 35k to 39,999 for my extension.

Thanks !

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:05 am

Hi,

You need to show the relevant earnings that will give you at least the minimum required points you need to qualify for your extension.

Note that the required earnings you may need for your extension may be less than what you used for your initial application.

For example, in your initial application, you may have attained 120 points in total because you had a larger income, but the threshold to qualify was say 95 or 100 (including english and maintenance).

During your extension, you don't necessarily need to get 120 points by earning the same exact salary again, but you only need to get to the minimum point threshold to qualify, which in my example is 95 or 100.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Kind Regards