ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice about marriage visa jamaica

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

toogrown4dat

advice about marriage visa jamaica

Post by toogrown4dat » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:22 pm

hi new to this site so if this question has been posted before i apologise.

Anyway i have recently got married to a jamaican in jamaica and want to apply for a marriage visa .

ive been on the visa site and got some information about the requirements ilneed to meet.im feeling confident i can meet most of them because i go to jamaica every 3-6 months for s few weeks at a time.

The only part i feel il have difficulty with how much il need to prove i can support both him and myself.

im living with my parents at the moment and have a full time job working for a care home but my question is excatly how much will i need to have in my account to show that when he comes over we will be able to live without relying on benefits.

I know this process will take a while a very long while at that so i was thinking about inviting him to my mums wedding and having her send him an invitation visa for 3-6 months and then applying for the visa.

As thats going to take a while anyway and by doing this rather than me going over there every couple of months if hes here he wont be working but if we are living together for those few months it will save a bit of money than me going over there and that way i save somemore towards the marriage visa and get my bank balance looking a bit healthier.

has anybody else been in a similar situation with any helpful advice :)

batleykhan

Re: advice about marriage visa jamaica

Post by batleykhan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:10 pm

toogrown4dat wrote:hi new to this site so if this question has been posted before i apologise.

Anyway i have recently got married to a jamaican in jamaica and want to apply for a marriage visa .

ive been on the visa site and got some information about the requirements ilneed to meet.im feeling confident i can meet most of them because i go to jamaica every 3-6 months for s few weeks at a time.

The only part i feel il have difficulty with how much il need to prove i can support both him and myself.

im living with my parents at the moment and have a full time job working for a care home but my question is excatly how much will i need to have in my account to show that when he comes over we will be able to live without relying on benefits.

I know this process will take a while a very long while at that so i was thinking about inviting him to my mums wedding and having her send him an invitation visa for 3-6 months and then applying for the visa.

As thats going to take a while anyway and by doing this rather than me going over there every couple of months if hes here he wont be working but if we are living together for those few months it will save a bit of money than me going over there and that way i save somemore towards the marriage visa and get my bank balance looking a bit healthier.

has anybody else been in a similar situation with any helpful advice :)
Bringing your husband ona visit visa before he applies for the spouse visa is not a good idea. Its very unlikely that in your present circumstances taht he will get the visitor visa but which will gave serious implication when he applies for the spouse visa.

Furthermore I dont understand how by having him living with you here before he gets the visa is going to help you save the money.

My advice is for you to stop going to Jamaica and save that money in your account.If you have roughly £2500-3000 in your account and have a regular income coming you should be fine. You can say that you are going to live with your parents if and when your hubby comes.

The visa process takes about 3 months in Jamaica. You need to get all papers and documents ready by starting now.

I had to split your post as writting your whole quetsion in one paragrapgh makes it hard for people to understand

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:19 pm

As far as finance is concerned, you need to show that after paying rent or mortgage, council tax and any credit/loan repayments you will have a minimum of £102.75 remaining weekly. If you intend to live with family, you should show that you will contribute at least a nominal amount towards household expenses and food to avoid falling into the '3rd party financial assistance' trap. You don't have to pay rent.
I agree that a visitor visa is unlikely to be granted in the circumstances. In any event, he would have to return to Jamaica to apply for a fiance visa. He wouldn't be able to switch from within the UK.

toogrown4dat

Post by toogrown4dat » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:07 am

Thanks for replying the invitation was just an idea but thinking about it ur right it doesn't make sense. I have all the douments proof of phonecalls etc aswell as proof that I've been going to jamaica and staying with him. My only real concern is the money and as I have a full time job raising the money shouldn't be a problem.

You said the visa process in jamaica takes 3months is that with or without a solicitor?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:01 am

You said the visa process in jamaica takes 3months is that with or without a solicitor?
The solicitor plays no part in the process of your husbands application. You can obviously pay a solicitor in the region of £500 to prepare your application,but it is much easier and cheaper to do it yourself.

All the forms, procedure and help is available on this forum as there are lot of people in similar circumstances to yourself.

CharlieBrowne
Newly Registered

Post by CharlieBrowne » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi toogrown4dat

I just wondered if you and your husband have applied for the visa yet? How are you getting on? Good Luck! :D

toogrown4dat

Post by toogrown4dat » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:46 pm

Hiii
I haven't yet I'm going in feb so when I'm gonna take all the documents and apply online while I'm out there so we can go through everything together hopefully I'll have the money to do it all :-)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:34 pm

The minimum income level is now £105.95 but may well increase in 2012.

toogrown4dat

Post by toogrown4dat » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:47 pm

The only thing for me is the housing situation everything else I have

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:26 pm

That's good. Just felt you should be kept updated.

CharlieBrowne
Newly Registered

Post by CharlieBrowne » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:17 pm

At least taking them out there yourself will mean they get there safe :D I was thinking of doing that, but i think i will choose the courier option due to work commitments etc etc the money side of things also!!
I wish my husbands country had a visa processing centre there, would be so much easier!!
Please keep me updated and keep in touch if you dont mind :D

Good Luck!!!!