ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

For those Moved from USA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tech
Member of Standing

For those Moved from USA

Post by tech » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:07 pm

For all who moved from USA, has anybody used UK address for USA based bank accounts,credit cards etc.

Please share your thoughts.

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:08 am

It's tough. Most US banks and credit cards have a clue when there is no valid zip code. They also don't know that you need airmail postage for the UK. Fortunately the Internet helps.
Joseph

LA_Mike

Post by LA_Mike » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:17 pm

One of my banks (Wescom Credit Union) was able to change my address to the UK and I've received my statements on time at my UK address (they apparently mail them from Germany).

For my other bank and credit cards I am using a relative's US address and getting all of my statements online. It's actually convenient to have a US billing address for some items such as airline tickets.

Citibank appears to have good international accounts, but I haven't used them.

I've opened an HSBC account in the UK because they seem to have decent international accounts and have a relationship with my employer.

pixi

Post by pixi » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:12 pm

this was one of my relocation nightmares. i eventually had my address changed with citibank and now get my statements here. opening an account was very frustrating. i went with lloyds. you might want to check them out as they have an off-shore bank.