ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 (General) Dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ammaralvi

Tier-1 (General) Dependant

Post by ammaralvi » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi there:

My wife got her visa stamped in October 2010 but never travelled to the UK. She is planning to do so in next couple of months. Does she need to get fresh TB test done before she travels? Is this required for the first visit only or is there any other rule/criteria around the TB test?

Looking forward to a prompt reply.

Ammar.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:40 am

If I remember correctly (as its been few years I came to UK), the validity of TB Test is 6 months, so I am guessing she will have to get a fresh test.

The certificate also say about the issue date.

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:27 pm

linkers wrote:If I remember correctly (as its been few years I came to UK), the validity of TB Test is 6 months, so I am guessing she will have to get a fresh test.

The certificate also say about the issue date.
I am also planning to file dependent visa for my Wife. I am in UK but my wife will file visa from India. Do my partner need TB Test done?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:50 pm

I think she might not need it as I got this information from UKBA’s site and looks like India is not in the list.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/custo ... /applying/#

If you are a resident of one of the following countries, and you want to come to the UK for longer than 6 months, you must obtain a certificate confirming that you are free from infectious TB before you apply for a visa:
• Bangladesh
• Burkina Faso
• Cambodia
• Cote d'Ivoire
• Democratic Republic of the Congo
• Eritrea
• Ghana
• Kenya
• Laos
• Niger
• Pakistan
• Rwanda
• Somalia
• Sudan
• Tanzania
• Thailand
• Togo
• Uganda

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:41 am

[quote="linkers"]I think she might not need it as I got this information from UKBA’s site and looks like India is not in the list.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/custo ... /applying/#

If you are a resident of one of the following countries, and you want to come to the UK for longer than 6 months, you must obtain a certificate confirming that you are free from infectious TB before you apply for a visa:

Yes, you are right. Many Thanks for the info!