ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earliest date to apply for tier-1 extension ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adityab
Newly Registered

Earliest date to apply for tier-1 extension ?

Post by adityab » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi

My current tier-1 (general) expires in May 2012. When can I apply for the extension at the earliest?
I read on UKBA website that it should be not after 1 month before current visa expires but what is the limit on the earliest date ?

And any tips on how to book a PEO appointment (either online or by phone). What is the window they open the dates before (45 days ??? )

Thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:29 am

The earliest you can apply is 28 days before your visa expires.

PEO’s window is generally 42 days.

You can use this website to calculate exact dates:

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html

adityab
Newly Registered

Post by adityab » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:43 am

On UKBA website

This page explains when you should apply for permission to remain in the UK under Tier 1 (General).

We encourage you to make your application at least 1 month before your current permission to stay expires. However, if you apply significantly more than 1 month before your permission to stay expires, and you want to apply for settlement later, you may not have accumulated enough total permission to stay. This is because your new permission to stay will begin on the date when we make the decision, not the date when your current permission expires.

So this implies that the earliest you can apply is anytime (2-3 months maybe) given you take care of the 5 year period for PR. Where did the 28 days earliest date come from ? Do you have a link ?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:55 am

Sorry I was confusing it with ILR.

You are right, you can apply even more than a month before your current leave expires, as long as you make sure you will compete 5 years by the end of your new extension.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:52 am

There is no rule regarding the earliest that you can apply for your Tier 1 extension. The only catch is that if you apply more than a month in advance, your extension will commence from the date of issue rather than the date of expiry of the current leave.

As per current rules you can apply for extensions as many number of times as you wish to cover your 5 year period. So even if the next extension you get doesn't cover the entire 5 yr period, you should be fine.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Thanks hsmp1412, just another quick question for my knowledge if someone applies for a second extension, would he/she be given another 2 to 3 years of extension or only for a year this time ?

inputsOnHSMP

Post by inputsOnHSMP » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:13 pm

I know of people who have got the extension from the date their current leave expired. So it really depends on the case worker.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:38 am

The extension will be just like the first extension every time. So if you had an initial 3 year visa with 2 yr extension then the second extension (and all future ones) will be for 2 years. If your initial visa was 2 years with a 3 yr extn then all others will be 3 years as well.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:39 am

[quote="inputsOnHSMP"]I know of people who have got the extension from the date their current leave expired. So it really depends on the case worker.[/quote]
This probably must have been before they had this rule clearly stated or an odd uninformed case worker now.

HSMP(Tier1)
India

Post by HSMP(Tier1) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:32 am

hsmp1412 wrote:There is no rule regarding the earliest that you can apply for your Tier 1 extension. The only catch is that if you apply more than a month in advance, your extension will commence from the date of issue rather than the date of expiry of the current leave.

As per current rules you can apply for extensions as many number of times as you wish to cover your 5 year period. So even if the next extension you get doesn't cover the entire 5 yr period, you should be fine.
Dear Friend,

Request to guide for below mentioned point that

"As per current rules you can apply for extensions as many number of times as you wish to cover your 5 year period."

is it possible for me if i wish to apply for extension?my detail is

(Aug 2006 to Aug 2008) HSMP (came uk 2 times for 3 motnhs) then,

Got Tier1 on HSMP Judicial Review (2008 to Feb 2013)

I am out of UK now and will plan to come UK and if I wish to apply for extension,then

1) i have to apply under tier1 or hsmp (FLR)

2) can i get extension ?

3) Point base earning criteria under Tier1 applicable to me? asI am under JR?

4) stay out side UK more time then is their chnace to get extension?

Please guide me if you have any knowledge about my above problems

Thanks Friend

kaldil
Newly Registered

Post by kaldil » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:09 pm

28 days is the golden rule, but try for same day appointment, which will make it easy for you. Although getting appointment is tough. But if you go through a OISC consultant, he should get one. The UKBA gives them a slot every week. However, please contact one of them in advance.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Earliest date to apply for tier-1 extension ?

Post by silent_warrior » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:27 pm

adityab wrote:Hi

And any tips on how to book a PEO appointment (either online or by phone). What is the window they open the dates before (45 days ??? )

Thanks
Hello Adityab
This link would give you some more tips (thanks to this forum) to get your PEO appointment.
http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic. ... ht=#612320
Goodluck