ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No tax paid by umbrella company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bmetikal
Newly Registered

No tax paid by umbrella company

Post by bmetikal » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Hi..

Umbrella company has provided me with payslips.It contains Income Tax and NI deductions.

But the umbrella company never paid Income Tax and NI till date for the financial year 2010-11 and 2011-12 which i got to know from the letter i got from my HMRC on my request.

Will it going to be a problem for my Tier 1 visa extension.

Please advice.

bmetikal
Newly Registered

Post by bmetikal » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi ,
Can some one please reply for this query.

Thanks,
Bala

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:54 pm

You've done all that you can within your control regarding payment of NI and Income Tax. You are/were on the company PAYE system. The fact that they have not paid your taxes onto HMRC is not something within your control.

As I don't know the full facts behind this, I don't want to start pointing any fingers. However do keep in touch with HMRC to ascertain the facts and for advice as to what to do next taxes wise (if anything), keep what correspondence you have from them and consult your visa agent/lawyer regarding how to handle it with UKBA.

Finally it won't be the first time that this has occurred so don't worry yourself over something that you didn't cause.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

bmetikal
Newly Registered

Post by bmetikal » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:11 pm

Morover he is denying to provide p60 or p45.
May be because he has not paid , he is not willing to provide them.

Atleast not for extension, will it be any problem during ILR/PR as i will only be having payslips from this umbrella company and no p60 or p45 from the umbrella company.

Could some one please advice further on this.

Thanks,
Bala

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Call HMRC on 0845 300 0627 to explain the situation so that they know and can start to take action regarding the unpaid taxes (or pass you on to someone who will). You are legally entitled to a P45 and P60 and your old employer must provide them. HMRC should also be interested in whether your old employer is behind on their PAYE/NI payments if they don't already have payment arrangements in place.

Call UKBA and get further advice and information - it may cost you for a 'phone call but what they say will carry more weight than anything myself or other posters will probably be able to muster.

Consider the use of a solicitor or immigration adviser. It may cost you money in the short term but you will be able to get formal, professional advice so can once again take control of the situation.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.