ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 general extension refused--options?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Montresor
Newly Registered

Tier 1 general extension refused--options?

Post by Montresor » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Hello all,

I'm inside the UK and have just had my Tier 1 general extension refused. Though the UKBA did make a mistake (counted all deposits to my accounts as income, even a bounced cheque, so their calculation of my income did not match mine), I made some mistakes:

1. I am a sole trader not working through a company. My accountant and I both mistunderstood the guidelines and submitted a statement of my gross income rather than my net profit.

2. Maintenance: I did not realise that my funds dropped below £800 for 4 days during the 90 day period, so evidence was refused.

Now, I have the option to appeal. I can prove sufficient funds in both of the categories I was refused on (i.e., I made enough income even with deductions, and I had enough money in a different account to prove maintenance). Can I introduce this evidence during appeal? Can I/do I need to reapply? Does anyone have any knowledge/advice they can give?

Thanks!

MB243

Re: Tier 1 general extension refused--options?

Post by MB243 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Montresor wrote:Now, I have the option to appeal. I can prove sufficient funds in both of the categories I was refused on (i.e., I made enough income even with deductions, and I had enough money in a different account to prove maintenance). Can I introduce this evidence during appeal? Can I/do I need to reapply? Does anyone have any knowledge/advice they can give?
I think the evidence you are submitting should be fine but, since this is an appeal & to make certain you get it right this time, I would suggest seeking professional help from an immigration consultant/lawyer

Goodluck

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:39 am

I would agree with MB243, don’t make an attempt without seeking a professional advice.

created4luv
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by created4luv » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:24 am

Hi

I do not think you can re-introduce new evidence on appeal. Since you have the right to appeal, it would appear that your existing leave has expired so you may not be able to re- apply. I think you should talk to a good immigration lawyer who can argue on your behalf that you do meet the points but that you and your accountants errors caused the refusal.

mrite123

Post by mrite123 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:13 pm

what is NET profit according to HO self employed without Ltd company?

1.NET Profit =Turnover(client payment)- all Expenses(travel,food,rent etc)

2.NET profit = Turnover(client payment)- all Expenses(travel,food,rent etc) - All taxes.(income tax,NI etc)

Senior and exprienace Members... please help.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:05 pm

I am not really good at self employment but I am sure one of the moderators would be able to shed some light on it.

MB243

Post by MB243 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:40 pm

mrite123 wrote:what is NET profit according to HO self employed without Ltd company?

1.NET Profit =Turnover(client payment)- all Expenses(travel,food,rent etc)

2.NET profit = Turnover(client payment)- all Expenses(travel,food,rent etc) - All taxes.(income tax,NI etc)

Senior and exprienace Members... please help.
Net profit is the amount after deducting operational expenses. This amount will include taxes as you may not have filed your returns & dont know what the tax amount may be.

For earnings UKBA considers the gross amount (minus operational expenses) which includes tax that you will have to pay in future.