ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do students have an automatic right to remain in the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

streetracer
Newly Registered

Do students have an automatic right to remain in the UK

Post by streetracer » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:29 am

Following this ruling http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... s-row.html does it now means that students have a reight to remain in the UK once their visa expires? Student was told he could remain in the UK because he had made friends etc and had a right to a private life.

15Jan

Post by 15Jan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:06 pm

"Mr Munawar has now applied for a work permit and intends to seek a job with a medium-sized accountancy firm. He is also hoping to wed in an arranged marriage after his imam suggested a potential suitor last month, he said."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -case.html

The headlines are so so misleading, all he is allowed is to apply for a new visa, which may or may not be granted.

May I request the Mod's/Guru's to provide the link for this ruling before some xenophobic comments are posted.

Thanks

ginger_beer

Post by ginger_beer » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:41 pm

no, the 'cricket' guy in the news was denied the post study visa because he couldn't show enough maintenance fund in the bank account in order to apply for the PSW. He subsequently appealed to the court and the judge awarded him the visa on the ground of personal ties or something (because he has made friends in the UK, loves cricket and goes to mosque).

Which just goes to show how ridiculous the UK immigration has become now! Frankly speaking, I'm in a highly-skilled profession and is probably many more times qualified than this guy. I likely cannot remain in the UK after I finish my master's as PSW is now no more. Almost all job ads require you to already have a permission to work in the UK. Meanwhile, this cricket guy could remain when he could not even maintain £800 in his account as required to fulfill the requirements for PSW.

This is simply infuriating. Oh well, there's always Canada and Australia. Goodbye UK, it has been nice knowing you.

Pardon my rant, thank you :D

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:35 am

@ginger--> jealousy much? lol
chill dude...his success is his success alone. why have you got your knickers in the twist? lol

ginger_beer

Post by ginger_beer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:35 pm

@arsenal, yeah semi-jealousy mixed with frustration at the messed-up UK immigration system .. :wink:

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:31 am

this immigration system is going straight down to sewage.

system was badly exploited by people in last 10 years or so.

so govt is kind of having a 'clear out'!

unfortunately, this means the people with skills are most affected by it...cuz they are the one govt could 'expel' cuz illegals will remain illegals until they are found out

as you said there is always Aus or Canada as a back up plan! :)