ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost certificate of naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

planty
Newly Registered

Lost certificate of naturalisation

Post by planty » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:39 am

Just moved house and box containing my Irish Naturalisation Certificate has been lost with it. Was naturalised before 2005 by length of stay not birth. Passport still valid for a few years. Living in the UK now. Have been here for a few (less than 7 years) but wasn't aware I had to register my intention to retain citizenship annually. This needs my naturalisation cert no that I don't know :( Discovered this when I was trolling for some info on what to do about lost naturalisation cert.
Help! Not sure what to do next without potentially screwing up the whole thing altogether.
By the way do I need the naturalisation cert to renew my passport?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:29 am

Contact them for more information.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ostrich
Nigeria

Re: Lost certificate of naturalisation

Post by ostrich » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:58 pm

planty wrote:Just moved house and box containing my Irish Naturalisation Certificate has been lost with it. Was naturalised before 2005 by length of stay not birth. Passport still valid for a few years. Living in the UK now. Have been here for a few (less than 7 years) but wasn't aware I had to register my intention to retain citizenship annually. This needs my naturalisation cert no that I don't know :( Discovered this when I was trolling for some info on what to do about lost naturalisation cert.
Help! Not sure what to do next without potentially screwing up the whole thing altogether.
By the way do I need the naturalisation cert to renew my passport?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
And you dont have a copy?
Its never too late

planty
Newly Registered

Post by planty » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:12 pm

Unfortunately not. I stupidly put all of my important documents in the same box. This certificate isn't the only thing I've lost :S