ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the Uk Test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pta28
Newly Registered

Life in the Uk Test

Post by pta28 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi,

I am planning to take the Life in the UK Test very soon. Due to work situation, currently I am living and working in Bradford and planning to take the test in or around Bradford.

But, I will be making the ILR application from a different city address in Scotland where am actually from and have all the evidences in that address.

Will it be a problem with the application, if the address in the Life in the UK pass notification letter and address mentioned for ILR application are different?

Post by 2012 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:45 pm

1. Wen u register for the test then u need to take 2 types of identity with you. First u need to take that ID which you used wen registering with the UKBA for the test. Second, u wud need to take a form of identity to prove u address (the one which is on HO record).
2. U can take the test in any test centre u want.
3. The Life in the UK Test does not show full address but post code only.

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: Life in the Uk Test

Post by mk357 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:20 pm

pta28 wrote:Hi,

I am planning to take the Life in the UK Test very soon. Due to work situation, currently I am living and working in Bradford and planning to take the test in or around Bradford.

But, I will be making the ILR application from a different city address in Scotland where am actually from and have all the evidences in that address.

Will it be a problem with the application, if the address in the Life in the UK pass notification letter and address mentioned for ILR application are different?
It would be better if you book the test using your regular address i.e Scotland (even if you take the test i Bradford), so there would be no confusion at all.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:20 am

Let's make this clear. You can take the test in whichever test centre you choose in the UK.
Of course you'll give your registered address. As you've already been advised, you will need to provide evidence of this address when you register for the test.
What category of ILR will you be applying for?

pta28
Newly Registered

Post by pta28 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for the Information you all have provided. I have now decided to change all my documents to have the new address where I work now and also from where I will be making the application and so it will be one address.

I am on Tier 1 (G) Visa and will be making SET(0) application.

Thanks