ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR pending decision

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bassoo
Newly Registered

ILR pending decision

Post by bassoo » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi
Let me start my story, i came in UK as a work permit holder in 2001 december and stayed here till 2006 July,went back home to india as my employer did not want to extend visa,applied for HSMP got approved,got entry clearance in india, I came back to UK in jan 2007 under HSMP,
the problem is when i went to india in 2006 i had unpaid bills for example my contract phone with O2,since 2007 iam in uK i didn't had any problem with Credit, i even got extension on my HSMP now tier 1 no problem from home office, been out of the country many times no problem
since 5 years i've been working as permanent employee to a reputed firm, now i've applied for ILR on 8th dec 2011 in croydon for same day service, i was told due to festive season they had less staff so they took my application and ask me to come on 12th to see if its ready, when i went
on 12 dec they gave a letter saying "Application is valid but needs furthur enquiries "iam still waiting for them to call me, also i dont know what is the problem why they taking so long, my life has changed a lot since 8th dec iam just gone into depression just thinking what went wrong#
since i applied for ILR some debt agency is behind me for unpaid bills, iam worried that home office checking my credit history, i don't even know that i have a CCJ on my name, i don't have any criminal convictions, no driving offence, please advise me is it a big concern, are they gonna
refuse my application for unpaid phone bill in 2006
if they have taken premium fee they should tell me what is the problem, i dont know why they taking too long, also to tell you in 2011 january i send invitation to my brother family, it was refused because he did not demonstrated enough funds and genuine reason for visit, is this also impact on my ILR application, please i really appreciate if any guru can help me out with some advise

Thanks

Re: ILR pending decision

Post by 2012 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:06 pm

bassoo wrote:Hi
Let me start my story, i came in UK as a work permit holder in 2001 december and stayed here till 2006 July,went back home to india as my employer did not want to extend visa,applied for HSMP got approved,got entry clearance in india, I came back to UK in jan 2007 under HSMP,
the problem is when i went to india in 2006 i had unpaid bills for example my contract phone with O2,since 2007 iam in uK i didn't had any problem with Credit, i even got extension on my HSMP now tier 1 no problem from home office, been out of the country many times no problem
since 5 years i've been working as permanent employee to a reputed firm, now i've applied for ILR on 8th dec 2011 in croydon for same day service, i was told due to festive season they had less staff so they took my application and ask me to come on 12th to see if its ready, when i went
on 12 dec they gave a letter saying "Application is valid but needs furthur enquiries "iam still waiting for them to call me, also i dont know what is the problem why they taking so long, my life has changed a lot since 8th dec iam just gone into depression just thinking what went wrong#
since i applied for ILR some debt agency is behind me for unpaid bills, iam worried that home office checking my credit history, i don't even know that i have a CCJ on my name, i don't have any criminal convictions, no driving offence, please advise me is it a big concern, are they gonna
refuse my application for unpaid phone bill in 2006
if they have taken premium fee they should tell me what is the problem, i dont know why they taking too long, also to tell you in 2011 january i send invitation to my brother family, it was refused because he did not demonstrated enough funds and genuine reason for visit, is this also impact on my ILR application, please i really appreciate if any guru can help me out with some advise

Thanks
1. If a CCJ has been issued under u name for not paying the bill then it might be a problem.
2. HO will do a check to see if u have any criminal convictions or CCJ and if there is one and u said on the form that u never had any then it wud result in refusal.
3. Why not give O2 a call and ask about it.
4. Have u ever received a letter from the court or debt collection agency regarding u bill?

ilr_hsmp2007

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:21 pm

bassoo wrote: i don't even know that i have a CCJ on my name
Thanks

To know this, you can register with any Credit Search agency website, paying some fee (£6) you will be able to see all your credit history , CCJ (possible) and anyone who is checking your credit history.

http://www.creditexpert.co.uk/ offers 30 days free trail, you can check the same for free and you can cancel before 30days without incurring any fee.

If clears your doubts...on CCJs...etc.

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:45 pm

did u check ur credit history?

[quote="ilr_hsmp2007"][quote="bassoo"]
i don't even know that i have a CCJ on my name
Thanks[/quote]

To know this, you can register with any Credit Search agency website, paying some fee (£6) you will be able to see all your credit history , CCJ (possible) and anyone who is checking your credit history.

http://www.creditexpert.co.uk/ offers 30 days free trail, you can check the same for free and you can cancel before 30days without incurring any fee.

If clears your doubts...on CCJs...etc.[/quote]

ilr_hsmp2007

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:38 am

sys_sagar wrote:did u check ur credit history?
ilr_hsmp2007 wrote:
bassoo wrote: i don't even know that i have a CCJ on my name
Thanks

If clears your doubts...on CCJs...etc.
Yes

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:53 am

did u find any CCJ's against ur name?
did u talk to HO again on this?

Aug07

Post by Aug07 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi Basoo,

What happened to ur ILR case?

bassoo
Newly Registered

Post by bassoo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:30 pm

Aug07 wrote:Hi Basoo,

What happened to ur ILR case?
Still waiting, no reply from HO, i don't know what' happening. i am worried that they have not put my application into postal, why they take premium fee and put appliaction as postal

BobbyUKENG

Missed Phone Bill

Post by BobbyUKENG » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:14 am

Dear people,

Thanks for your updates, I would like to put forward my query and ask for your suggestions.

I'm in the process of applying my ten years ILR very soon. In 2006 I went to India and missed mobile payments with O2 because due to some reasons I had to stay in India for some time. During this process o2 contacted me and also sent me debt collectors letter and the amount was for 300 Pounds. After coming to UK again I saw letters from Debt collectors, after that I contacted them and paid half the money and I said that I will paying the rest of the money after some months.

Later on I moved house and eventually letters stopped coming to my new address, so O2 gave me incoming and stopped outgoing during this time.
After that they have completely stopped my incoming as well and also I stopped getting letters. Later on I was thinking why the letters were not coming for the rest of the money. Eventually I realized that they have updated wrong address into their system, but I do remember that i have given them the right address. Probably some typing error.

But I always had my extensions of my visa with out any problem till now, this all happened in 2007 June, I got my credit file from equifax and also from EXPERIAN, but they both were saying nothing in my file. But I gave the addresses where I lived.

Well what does that mean? did wiped off my unpaid bill? If they haven't, it should at least be in my credit file right? Is it because the address has being wrongly updated in the system and that;s the reason it is not showing any where?

Please help me on this issue as I do not want to take a chance before ILR for this reason and also for 200 pounds.

Please let me know where Im standing.
Thanks,

sys_sagar

Re: Missed Phone Bill

Post by sys_sagar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:34 am

still waiting an answer from u:
. did u find CCJ against ur name in the credit report?

BobbyUKENG

Re: Missed Phone Bill

Post by BobbyUKENG » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:48 pm

sys_sagar wrote:still waiting an answer from u:
. did u find CCJ against ur name in the credit report?
No Sagar,

Pls suggest me.
Thanks
Last edited by BobbyUKENG on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

bassoo
Newly Registered

decision approved

Post by bassoo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:27 pm

hi every body thank you very much for your help, i finally got my ILR today after 1month 10 days , happy days,

no home office doesn't check credit history ,

thanks

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:24 pm

I will be very suprised if anyone is refused ILR solely because they owe money and are struggling to pay it back as planned. IF you kick out such a person how on earth is the creditor ever going to get their money back?? In fact maybe govt have to make it a priority to keep debtors in the country even against their will :lol:

Post by 2012 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:28 pm

hsmpengineer wrote:I will be very suprised if anyone is refused ILR solely because they owe money and are struggling to pay it back as planned. IF you kick out such a person how on earth is the creditor ever going to get their money back?? In fact maybe govt have to make it a priority to keep debtors in the country even against their will :lol:
1. You shud be surprised as nobody gets rejected only for not paying their bills.
2. Applicants get rejected wen they do not pay bills and cuz of that the companies take the applicants to the court and hence CCJ occurs.
3. So there is a difference.

hatebreed
Newly Registered

Post by hatebreed » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:05 am

Hi Everyone,

Does home office check National Insurance number for ILR applications? Well the thing is, i will apply for ILR in few months and i found out that my visa is just for self employed business. But i am working for a company as an employee. So they pay me hourly rate but i also pay my NI contributions and tax for my business( since 2010 as i found out) so i will need to send them my documents related to my business. My NI contributions is under class 2.

Thanks in advance