ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jaffar
- thin ice -

British passport

Post by jaffar » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:05 am

Hi Jambo

Thank you for your reply.

We have been living in UK since Nov 2006 and we received ILR in aug 2011.The job may be for two years and usually in middle east ministry of interior issue residence visa for atleast two years.

My wife works as a engineer wants to stay back here and son as well.Its only me and I agree with you what case worker will decide and will it be useful if i get letter from employer in middle east that i would be working as a visiting dentist for the clinic?

Regards
Jaffar

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Two years is quite a long time for working abroad. I suspect you are likely to get refused if you present a letter stating that. I would personally not address the future intentions issue at all and hope it will go unnoticed.

jaffar
- thin ice -

British passport

Post by jaffar » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:16 pm

Dear Jambo

Thank you for your reply.I will not get any letter like that and do you think it will get unnoticed about future intention as when we submit to NCS,They take photocopy of all pages from passport and if i have residence visa in my passport,will it be a problem?

Regards
Jaffar

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:05 pm

No idea.

If your passport is full of stamps, the case worker might not notice it. Or he might notice it but decide it doesn't affect the decision. Or he might have concerns about your future intentions and write to you asking for further information. Or he might decide to refuse the application.

If you prefer not to take the risk, better not to have a UAE Residence visa when applying in August.

jaffar
- thin ice -

British passport

Post by jaffar » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:31 am

Dear Jambo

Thank you for your reply and advice.It depends on the caseworker what he wants to decide.

The reason why i want to apply this year is i have already completed almost 5 months and if u stay with patience for next 6 months,I would become eligible to apply for British Citizen and If you opt to go to uae in june 2012,I have wasted 10 months of my stay here and again in next year or in 2013,I have to stay atleast 9 months to apply for british citizen and also i may have problem with absence in total of five years.

I have decided not to take risk and apply for BC in august and then go to middle east.

Regards
Jaffar

SANGHA
Newly Registered

BRITISH CITIZENSHIP

Post by SANGHA » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi

Can anyone please explain the benefits of applying for British Citizenship

My sister in law got her ILR in July 2011 (she came to the UK on a spouses visa), does everyone have to apply for BC, even if they don't have any intentions of applying for a British passport?

If she decides to apply for her BC when is the earliest time that she can apply? She came to the UK in March 2009 and got her ILR in July 2011.

I look forward to your response.

Kindest Regards

jaffar
- thin ice -

British passport

Post by jaffar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:19 am

Hi Sangha

It depends on whether your sister in law married to uk citizen or non uk citizen.

If she is married to uk citizen,she can apply for British citizenship immediately provided she fulfil the residential requirements.

If she is married to nonuk citizen,she has to wait for one year after she received ILR.

The benefits of British citizen depends on the individual what they are looking for.

Regards
Jaffar

SANGHA
Newly Registered

BENEFITS OF BEEN A BRITISH CITIENSHIP

Post by SANGHA » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:08 am

Hi

Thank you very much for your reply.

She is at the moment seeking employment as she was made reduntant, and is hoping to start a family in the near future.

She in not in receipt of any benefits at present.

I suppose she wants to make sure that if her relationship does not work out with her partner for what ever reason that her right to stay in the UK is not affected.

Would you suggest for her to apply for BC in her circumstances?

Regards

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:16 am

Hi Sangha

is your sisterinlaw's partner is BC or not.she can apply of she is eligible to apply for BC

jaffar

SANGHA
Newly Registered

BRITISH CITIZENSHIP

Post by SANGHA » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi

Sorry I did'nt completely answer your previous question.

Yes she is married to a BC.

What benefits will she receive if she does?

Regards

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi

There is not much benefit to be BC,But she can apply for BC Immediately if she stayed in UK for 3 years and her absence outside UK in last year should not be more than 90days.

Jaffar