ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does the OAP count as Public Funds/Benefits

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chinahand46

Does the OAP count as Public Funds/Benefits

Post by Chinahand46 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:31 am

I am British and hope to shortly return to live in the UK provided I can get a visa for my Chinese wife.

Question 8.7.13 of Form VAF4A asks if the Sponsor receives any money from Public Funds and/or benefits. I deferred drawing my OAP while I lived in China as that would have meant it becoming 'Fixed' but I intend start taking my OAP next May. Should I declare this in answer to 8.7.13 ?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:56 am

No, State Retirement Pension is not within the definition of Public Funds, as in para 6 of the Immigration Rules.

In fact no contributory benefits are within that definition.
John

Chinahand46

Post by Chinahand46 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:05 am

Thanks John. I will just show it in the 'Other Income' box then.

Regards,

Trevor

PS. I solved the English Speaking & Listening Test problem. There is a Trinity College, London Examination Centre within walking distance of my home. Pass at Grade2 gets an A1 Certificate.