ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa rejected

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saima999

Visit visa rejected

Post by saima999 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:49 pm

Hi . My mother is 66 years old she was issued Uk visa in dec 2009 for 2 years but she over stayed her visa in her single trip by nearly 50 days ( though she had visa remaining for 1 more year) she was served with removal notice when she leaving Uk with her will ( we didn't know the 6 months stay rule) we then wrote to home office explaining her medical reason for over staying along with doctor report asking her not to travel.Now after a year she applied again for visa from USA but refused on same grounds but she has right to appeal. My question is should we appeal or wait for couple of months and apply again.
Thanks for the help .

Re: Visit visa rejected

Post by 2012 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:15 am

saima999 wrote:Hi . My mother is 66 years old she was issued Uk visa in dec 2009 for 2 years but she over stayed her visa in her single trip by nearly 50 days ( though she had visa remaining for 1 more year) she was served with removal notice when she leaving Uk with her will ( we didn't know the 6 months stay rule) we then wrote to home office explaining her medical reason for over staying along with doctor report asking her not to travel.Now after a year she applied again for visa from USA but refused on same grounds but she has right to appeal. My question is should we appeal or wait for couple of months and apply again.
Thanks for the help .
1. Sorry to hear about u story but waiting for sometime and then apply again wud not make a difference as she will be refused automatically because of the notice.
2. That information is on her file at HO which will be checked everytime she applies for the visa.
3. I think if you appeal and try to convince the judge and see wat happens as the judge might consider her age.
4. In legal terms, the law was broken as visitors can only stay upto 6 months and HO has not made any mistake in this case.

saima999

Post by saima999 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:27 am

Thank you for the reply. Does this mean she will never be issued a UK visa in future? though I'm British and she has no intention to stay in Uk for ever. She has US green card and lives there. I find it really awkward for a person of such age to be refused visa.
Also should we apply for oral or paper appeal? And you think there is a chance that the judge will take into consideration her appeal.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:06 am

She is effectively banned from obtaining a visit visa for 12 months from the day she left the UK.

saima999

Post by saima999 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:54 am

She left Uk in Sep 2010 and she reapplied for visa after a year in dec 2011. Which is more ten 12 months. If some one applies for visit visa in USA does the appeal has to be filed in Uk? If we want to go for the oral one?