ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need advise for student visa extension after MBA

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shamsa01

need advise for student visa extension after MBA

Post by shamsa01 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi all, I have completed my MBA from university of Wales and want to get admission in ACCA .I came to UK in Aug 2004 on student visa. I have few questions to ask.
Do I need to give english language test?
Can I do ACCA after MBA?
I have passed foundation papers of ACCA back in 2006 and than switched to some other course. Now I want to complete ACCA in order to improve my accountancy skills. Is there going to be any problem if I do so?
How the 8 year limit on student visa is going to effect me?
thanks

Re: need advise for student visa extension after MBA

Post by 2012 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:08 am

shamsa01 wrote:Hi all, I have completed my MBA from university of Wales and want to get admission in ACCA .I came to UK in Aug 2004 on student visa. I have few questions to ask.
Do I need to give english language test?
Can I do ACCA after MBA?
I have passed foundation papers of ACCA back in 2006 and than switched to some other course. Now I want to complete ACCA in order to improve my accountancy skills. Is there going to be any problem if I do so?
How the 8 year limit on student visa is going to effect me?
thanks
1. U masters degree wud fulfill that requirement but it depends on u institution as they are the ones who checks this but for UKBA, masters from UK is meeting the requirement.
2. Stuyding ACCA after MBA, that is upto u institution to say that it is a progress from MBA to ACCA.
3. Follow the link for the third question under the "Limit on stuyding courses below degree level"

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/info_s ... ion_uk.php

shamsa01

Post by shamsa01 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:21 am

does this apply to those who has come to this country before this rule has imposed. Like in my situation i have come to UK in 2004 and until april 2009 I was doing some diploma courses and in 2009 i have started level 7 diploma and after that i have got admission in MBA which is going to be completed in jan2012. so please advise how many years i have left. Thanks