ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Payslips for Extension of Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aashan
Newly Registered

Online Payslips for Extension of Tier 1

Post by aashan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:09 am

Hello,

I will be applying for extension of my Tier 1 visa shortly. My questions is regarding online payslips. I get online payslips from my job and these are the only payslips the company issues. Is it acceptable just to submit a printout of the payslips (without any signature or stamp) and supporting bank statement for the extension application?

Thanks

Aashan

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:46 am

This piece of guidance comes courtesy of the UKBA website:
What the payslips must show

These should be either formal payslips or on company headed paper. If payslips are on unheaded paper or you receive all pay slips online, you must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout.

If you send payslips, they must cover the whole period claimed (for example, if payslips are produced monthly, you must provide the payslip for each month of the period claimed).
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

sahil20174

Post by sahil20174 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:51 pm

with the personal experience i can say you need the pay slips to be stamped or ask your company to print the same on their letter pad.

hope this helps

salmanzz

Post by salmanzz » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:26 pm

You need signed payslips but if company does not offer a stamp then you need another letter from company that they dont offer stamps

aashan
Newly Registered

Statement of earning

Post by aashan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:33 pm

salmanzz wrote:You need signed payslips but if company does not offer a stamp then you need another letter from company that they dont offer stamps

I have discussed with my company and they are willing to give me a statement of earning to date this year, signed and stamped on official company letter head. Do you think this will be enough?

salmanzz

Post by salmanzz » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:38 pm

if your p60 is not covering for whole year then you need a breakdown of tax,net income etc how much you have paid per year etc same like payslip.....

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:40 pm

got my online payslips stamped and signed by my boss and my extension was approved

try get signature and stamp in a colour other than black, else it may look like photocopy
Keep it simple!

ecpgffw
Newly Registered

Post by ecpgffw » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:52 am

Hi,

I have the same query about my online payslips.

Can I print out ask my line manager to sign and date them only? My manager cannot stamp them.

Thanks.

kirankaja12
Newly Registered

Post by kirankaja12 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:58 pm

It is best to get the printouts of online payslips signed and stamped by HR. In addition, I also submited a statement of earnings provided by my employer just in case.

ecpgffw
Newly Registered

Post by ecpgffw » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:47 pm

kirankaja12 wrote:It is best to get the printouts of online payslips signed and stamped by HR. In addition, I also submited a statement of earnings provided by my employer just in case.
Thank you for your reply.

HR does not want to provide these printouts and I dont know how to persuade HR to do so.

They can do a letter confirming the gross and net pay over the period I claimed.

kirankaja12
Newly Registered

Post by kirankaja12 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:58 pm

I am sure that HR will be aware that you are working for them on Tier1 General visa. And they should obviously be aware that it will be expiring soon. You may want to show them the relevant text from the UKBA Tier 1 guidance.

Also, if they only provide online payslips, other employees may face problems too. for instance, someone applying for a mortgage will surely require signed & stamped payslips.

I believe a statement of earnings with gross and net salary payments with dates on which net salary is credited to the account should be sufficient as long as you have bank statements to prove the same. but, I will still try hard for the payslips to be signed and stamped though.

ecpgffw
Newly Registered

Post by ecpgffw » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:35 pm

kirankaja12 wrote:I am sure that HR will be aware that you are working for them on Tier1 General visa. And they should obviously be aware that it will be expiring soon. You may want to show them the relevant text from the UKBA Tier 1 guidance.

Also, if they only provide online payslips, other employees may face problems too. for instance, someone applying for a mortgage will surely require signed & stamped payslips.

I believe a statement of earnings with gross and net salary payments with dates on which net salary is credited to the account should be sufficient as long as you have bank statements to prove the same. but, I will still try hard for the payslips to be signed and stamped though.
Thank you for your suggestions.
I will try another negociation with HR.