ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Not used

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aditipritam

Tier 1 - Not used

Post by aditipritam » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:16 pm

A quick question on behalf of my friend.

a) He is in India right now.
b) Got his Tier 1 (General) visa stamped in Nov 2009 for three years (valid upto Nov 2012).
c) But due to some personal reasons, was'nt able to travel to UK.

So he got another 10 months on his visa. And he is willing to come now.

Now my questions are:

1) Is the visa still valid?
2) Can he still come?
3) In case is earn sufficient salary in these 10 months (ie. he gets 75 points), can he apply for Tier 1 extention, will it be possile?

Thanks all,
Adi

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:25 pm

he can travel but should prepare to answer questions by immigration of why didn't come earlier. if he can score points then he can extend but won't be able to apply for ILR until unless he meets the criteria which he doesn't atm.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:06 pm

He will need two extensions before becoming eligible for ILR which I am not sure home office would allow.

ankitv

Post by ankitv » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:56 pm

He can enter to UK, just say due to economic conditions or personal circumstances. A common question is to enquire about a place to live while in the UK.

Under the current rules, there's no limit on the number of Tier 1 extensions

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:05 pm

I think he should be perfectly okay to enter UK. Even if the airport immigration officer asks a question, he cannot refuse entry. And he should be eligible for ILR if he qualifies. There is no restriction to number of extensions in Tier1.