ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success@Solihull,same day:5yrs, WP+T1(G), 570days out

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bobbylondon

ILR Success@Solihull,same day:5yrs, WP+T1(G), 570days out

Post by Bobbylondon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:23 am

I am happy to share my experience while attending appointment for ILR based on WP + T1(G), on 4th Jan 2012. I am glad to inform that, my application has been successful & passport stamped on the same day. It took approx. 2 hrs. to get the stamped passports. I am thankful to all, for sharing the information & replying.

Details:

Came to UK in 2006 on WP. Changed to T1(G) in 2009.
Same employer for last 5 yrs.
Absences 570( 471 business + 99 paid vacation) Also during time out on business, I was in UK only approx. 2 weeks. No absence over 90 days at one stretch.

Docs asked by CW:

Passports (current + old)
Application form
List of absences
Company letter (I had 2 letters including HR Letter & Line Manager Letter in support of my application)
LUK certificate (She informed I scored 24/24)
Last 12 months bank statements
Last 12 months salary slips
Photos
Photocopies of passports ( for their record)
Photocopies of salary slips & bank statements (for their record)

Documents I carried:

Covering Letter
Company Letter
Line Manager Letter
2 Photos
SET (O) form
Absences Sheet (3 arrivals to UK, had no stamp, as I used IRIS, but I had requested & received the confirmation from IRIS)
Earnings List with totals of Gross & Net salary in separate columns
LUK Certificate
5 yrs. P60
Employment History
12 Months Salary Slips & 12 Months bank statements
Bachelor’s original Award certificate
Savings A/C statements
Pension Statements
Council Tax / Tenancy Agreement / Utility Bills
Employment documents for 5 yrs.
5 yrs. Salary slip
5 yrs. Bank statements
Photocopy of passports including all visa pages

The reason, I took, employment docs for 5 yrs., savings bank statements, Pension documents, tenancy agreement, council tax bill & utility bills, so as to prove my ties with UK, due to no. of absences abroad.
CW did not even ask for P60’s, Bachelor certificate. Questions asked:
1) Are you working for the same company, I answered Yes.
2) When the photos taken.
3) Is your profession still in Shortage Occupation List: Yes
4) Did you apply for Data Protection: Ans: Yes, but I did not receive it. She said, we sent it on 31st Dec., I said, I am fine.

First thing, she said, after looking at absences, we may need to send it by post / courier, as absences are too much. I requested her to use discretion in my favor. She said, let me check with my manager. She spent approx. 10min, with her manager taking absences sheet & employer letters. She then came & said,” My manager has signed off your absences. Let’s go through documentation.”

Basically, CW concentrated only LUK, my income in last one year & she checked each & every figure(Gross & Net as well) She checked the total, which matched my earnings statement. She thanked me for providing the copies of salary slips, bank statements & passports & visa pages & earnings statement.

I would be happy to answer any questions, future applicants for ILR may have. I wish them all the best.

I tried to list everything, I remembered & don't think, I missed anything.
Last edited by Bobbylondon on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chrams

Post by chrams » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:06 pm

Dear Bobby London,
Congratulations!!!

My solicitor Submitted my application at Croydon PEO yesterday and they didnot realised it yet. Few moment ago my Solicitor called me up and updated that my "application is valid but they need to do further checks"

I had about 337 days out of the country. I had submitted my Employer very detailed letter and payslips and bank statements and tenecy agreements, council tax and bank statements etc., to proove that i had very good ties with the UK.

Touch wood, I am hoping for the best and wishing they use similier discretion in my favor.

It seems few more sleepless nights :( to me.

But thanks for sharing your experience.

With Thanks,
chrams

sulabh
Newly Registered

Data Protection

Post by sulabh » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Hi Bobby,

Just a quick question, what is Data Protection you are referrign to, as am not sure I have heard about it and I am appearing for review on 30th Jan myself.

Thanks in advance

skeptical
Newly Registered

Post by skeptical » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi,
If you were applying for ILR based on Tier 1(G), why were you asked about Shortage Occupancy?

Thanks.

Bobbylondon

Re: Data Protection

Post by Bobbylondon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:14 pm

sulabh wrote:Hi Bobby,

Just a quick question, what is Data Protection you are referrign to, as am not sure I have heard about it and I am appearing for review on 30th Jan myself.

Thanks in advance
That is the SAR file request, made by me.

Bobbylondon

Post by Bobbylondon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:17 pm

skeptical wrote:Hi,
If you were applying for ILR based on Tier 1(G), why were you asked about Shortage Occupancy?

Thanks.
I think, this was a casual question. May be if your occupation is on shortage occupation list,it is a plus point. I am not sure. I shared what I experienced.

skeptical
Newly Registered

Post by skeptical » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Thanks Bobby.

thewolfman21

payment

Post by thewolfman21 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Hi Bobby - Congrats..
Regarding payment - Were you told abt the visa outcome before paying the fees?

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:37 am

Hi All,

I have 280 days our and 176 days in one stretch. I went back home country to do some professional courses to improve my career prospect in UK as i was earning quite low at that time.

I have ILR in May 2012.

Any advices for me what should i do ? what reason i should put ? what are the chance of getting ILR ?

I have consult some solicitors . some say apply tier 1 ext, one said that we will try explaining them and if successful he will charge 3000 pounds.

Any sincere advices will be appreciated.

Bobbylondon

Re: payment

Post by Bobbylondon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:26 am

thewolfman21 wrote:Hi Bobby - Congrats..
Regarding payment - Were you told abt the visa outcome before paying the fees?
Yes, CW told me to collect the passports after 2 hrs. & then she asked me to make the payment on counter 6.

Bobby

Bobbylondon

Post by Bobbylondon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:32 am

fahadz1 wrote:Hi All,

I have 280 days our and 176 days in one stretch. I went back home country to do some professional courses to improve my career prospect in UK as i was earning quite low at that time.

I have ILR in May 2012.

Any advices for me what should i do ? what reason i should put ? what are the chance of getting ILR ?

I have consult some solicitors . some say apply tier 1 ext, one said that we will try explaining them and if successful he will charge 3000 pounds.

Any sincere advices will be appreciated.
Hi,

Generally solicitors do not give positive replies, don't know why. In my case also, solicitors scared me as well.
Regarding your case, 176 days, at one strretch seem to be concerning, but success of the case depends, on how strong your evidences are. There have been some cases of more than 90 days absence at one stretch.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=82442
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#522587

May be seniors can help more.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi,

Generally solicitors do not give positive replies, don't know why. In my case also, solicitors scared me as well.
Regarding your case, 176 days, at one strretch seem to be concerning, but success of the case depends, on how strong your evidences are. There have been some cases of more than 90 days absence at one stretch.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=82442
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#522587

May be seniors can help more.[/quote]

thanks for the reply. i ask what reasons shuould i put for that gap ? any advise please ??

thewolfman21

Line Manager Letter

Post by thewolfman21 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi Bobby - Will you be able to share your line manager letter as i myself am on Tier 1 (G), would be nice to have a letter in support for the ILR application. Any suggestion for parking nearby?
Thanks

ranga_12345

Post by ranga_12345 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi Bobby,

Could you share the Employer letter that you provide to cover the absence?

Cheers
Ranga[/quote]

settled_now

Post by settled_now » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:20 pm

fahadz1 wrote:
Seems a little high. A straight forward app normally costs about 600-700. I would think double that would be max for your case - the work is about the same.

Shop around - the area of legal services is very competitive and several apps are submitted at the same trip to HO.