ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR long residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

santu17
Newly Registered

ILR long residence

Post by santu17 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:33 am

Hi There,

My friend wants to make ILR application (10 years Long stay) in next month. Just want to know what are the documents he has to provide or would you please confirm me any other documents to submit other than I mentioned below:
--passport (old + New)
--Bio-metric card
-- subject access request bundle for 8 years
-- for the last two years he has home office letters

I have a doubt whether he has to to submit his bank statement or not? if he has to, for how many months please?

Please, can any one get back to me.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:06 pm

Read SET(O) form, which explains the documentary evidences required.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Re: ILR long residence

Post by 2012 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:15 pm

santu17 wrote:Hi There,

My friend wants to make ILR application (10 years Long stay) in next month. Just want to know what are the documents he has to provide or would you please confirm me any other documents to submit other than I mentioned below:
--passport (old + New)
--Bio-metric card
-- subject access request bundle for 8 years
-- for the last two years he has home office letters

I have a doubt whether he has to to submit his bank statement or not? if he has to, for how many months please?

Please, can any one get back to me.

Thanks
1. First of all, you or your friend shud read the guidance as suggested above for the required documents.
2. U do not need to send SAR documents unless there is a mistake in the file and u want to highlight that mistake.
3. U also do not need to send the last two years Home Office letters as not required.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:57 am

The SAR would definitely help you in finding any gaps so you can better prepare your application.
I would strongly suggest getting SAR for long residency applications.

fomsand1

ILR

Post by fomsand1 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:17 am

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and planning on applying for IRL 10 years myself. Please could you help explain what SAR means and it's relevance if you dont mind? Your help is m uch appreciated.

Kind Regards

fomsand1

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Re: ILR

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:40 am

fomsand1 wrote:Please could you help explain what SAR means and it's relevance if you dont mind?
The word SAR is an abbreviation of Subject Access Request. This is very common term where you want to know about your personal data kept with any Govt or Private Organization. Some times you need to pay a fees to get the disclousre about you. In UKBA case it is £10.00.

For immigration purpose, SAR is requested when you want to know about your immigration history and are not sure about the leaves in your period. Mostly the ten year long residence applicants go for this. As they have many leaves in thier 10 year periods.

I hope this will help you.
The question is... to be or not to be....

fomsand1

ILR

Post by fomsand1 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:45 pm

Thank you so very much Zahid. I have one more question. Although I arrive in the UK in 2002, I lost my passports in 2006. However I have copies of my lost passport with all relevant visa stamps on them and also a police report that my passport was stolen. Will this in anyway affect my application? I suppose if I have copies of previous visas available plus police report this should suffice?
Also, since I have lost my previous passport what other evidence can I show as proof of my absences outside the country, although I have never been outside the country for more than six months since the last ten years by my calculation, I suppose they will need some proof of that and since the only proof will be on my last passport, what other proof can I provide? Will my SAR file reflect my ins and out of the UK? if not can anyone advise of any other means?

Your help is much appreciated

Regards

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:13 pm

The copies of lost passport and other relevant pages and police report should be fine. I must suggest that if you have time, go for SAR. Atleast it will confirm your immigration history. It will not show your complete in/out history from country. It however confirms that you have applied every visa in time and had never been an over stayer, one of the major concern with Long residence.
The question is... to be or not to be....

fomsand1

IRL

Post by fomsand1 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Thanks Zahid. Very quickly, is there a thread that shows like timelines for ILR 10 Year applications and peoples experiences? if there is can you provide the thread link?

Many Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:46 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Thanks Zahid, I'll let you guys know if I have any further queries.

Regards