ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply and get Tier 1 Extension?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Can I apply and get Tier 1 Extension?

Post by iubus2005 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:18 am

Hello,
My tier 1 expires in May 2012. I have not been in UK yet. I am planning to be in UK starting April 1. My plan is to get there and apply for an extension the same week. I wanted to know if any of you experts think that there will be a problem with the approach i.e. that I apply for extension as soon as I get to UK. For one reason or the other, I have not been able to come to UK for living so far. However, I am planning to quit my job and move there with my family in the hope that I can get the extension. I will be using the proof of income from my USA employment. In terms of document, all I am hoping to need is the proof of funds and proof of earnings (I have the bank account and pay slips in order). Given that it is an extension, I have read that I don't need to submit the education, age and language proof again. I will really appreciate your feedback.

Will I need the Biometric Resident Card? If yes, how long does that take to get so that I can plan accordingly. Me and my family are taking a huge risk to get there just a month before my visa expiration, counting on an extension. I welcome your opinions and anything I should keep in mind.

Cheers.

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:32 am

Can any expert please help and respond?

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Hello Guys,
Does no one know answer to this question?

QuickSam
BANNED

Re: Can I apply and get Tier 1 Extension?

Post by QuickSam » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:22 pm

You are actually coming to UK at the time when your visa is expiring. My friend this is indeed a big risk, please read the following thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=93611

iubus2005 wrote:Hello,
My tier 1 expires in May 2012. I have not been in UK yet. I am planning to be in UK starting April 1. My plan is to get there and apply for an extension the same week. I wanted to know if any of you experts think that there will be a problem with the approach i.e. that I apply for extension as soon as I get to UK. For one reason or the other, I have not been able to come to UK for living so far. However, I am planning to quit my job and move there with my family in the hope that I can get the extension. I will be using the proof of income from my USA employment. In terms of document, all I am hoping to need is the proof of funds and proof of earnings (I have the bank account and pay slips in order). Given that it is an extension, I have read that I don't need to submit the education, age and language proof again. I will really appreciate your feedback.

Will I need the Biometric Resident Card? If yes, how long does that take to get so that I can plan accordingly. Me and my family are taking a huge risk to get there just a month before my visa expiration, counting on an extension. I welcome your opinions and anything I should keep in mind.

Cheers.

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Re: Can I apply and get Tier 1 Extension?

Post by iubus2005 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:46 am

[quote="QuickSam"]You are actually coming to UK at the time when your visa is expiring. My friend this is indeed a big risk, please read the following thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=93611

[/quote]

The above message boards only says that it is a risk if you are trying to get ILR -- I am ok with getting 3 extensions. I just could not get to UK earlier because of family situation, but am now fully committed.

Cheers.

MB243

Post by MB243 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:43 pm

You should be able to convince the immigration officer that you intend to live & work in UK when you arrive.

You can show that you have been actively looking for work & talking to recruitment agencies, show if you have any interviews lined up, your accommodation etc.

Not sure how the maintenance fund part of the extension application will work in your case as you will be in UK for less than 3 months before you apply for extension.

Goodluck

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:11 pm

[quote="MB243"]You should be able to convince the immigration officer that you intend to live & work in UK when you arrive.

You can show that you have been actively looking for work & talking to recruitment agencies, show if you have any interviews lined up, your accommodation etc.

Not sure how the maintenance fund part of the extension application will work in your case as you will be in UK for less than 3 months before you apply for extension.

Goodluck[/quote]

Do I need to show maintenance funds within UK or can it be outside UK (I will be coming from US). The bank statements I will use for income verifications also have enough funds to maintenance. Will that work?

tier1extend
India

Post by tier1extend » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:12 pm

yes it would work.