ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shaztait
Newly Registered

Passport requirements

Post by shaztait » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:57 am

please could someone help as I cant find the answer to my question anywhere, I need to apply for ILR next month and I dont have two blank pages next to eachother in my passport. I have 3 blank pages but not together.
It will take me 4 months to get a new passport, could someone please advise me what I can do? do I need two blank pages together to submit my application?

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:07 am

From where did you get this information that you need two blank pages next to each other?

The Vigentte or Visa can only be pasted on one page, so atleast one page needs to be empty.

Did you tried to get your self a new passport by paying urgent fees? Check for this option as well.
The question is... to be or not to be....

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:30 am

As Zahid suggested, all you need is one single page on your passport. Even an expired passport can not stop anyone from getting the ILR. I know someone whose passport was expired at the time of ILR, and the Home Office gave him the ILR on a document which he got transferred to his new passport later.
A valid passport is only required if you want to travel.

shaztait
Newly Registered

Post by shaztait » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:56 am

oh thank you so much, I always thought it was two pages because I have always needed two blank pages for all my tourist visas.
thank you so much for your replies...I can now destress a little :D