ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS Booking for Kids MN1 form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

REGISTRATION

NCS Booking for Kids MN1 form

Post by REGISTRATION » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:02 am

Hi

I am little confused after calling for booking of appointment to ncs.

I am going for my ILR (JR) on 18th PEO (and due to travel plan) want to book kids mn1 appointment with ncs on 19th.

Based on information from this forum (big thanks) I am going for only mine and wife's ILR and not for british born kids (2) and planning to go for MN1 route and passport later on for kids.

Now when i phoned them Lady on the phone said, kids need to have ILR as well only than they can apply for MN1 otherwise you will loose 810+48. when i insist that no its not true and based on my ILR i can apply for kids nuturalisation (british born before my ILR) she discussed with manager and said no its not possible but i can still book appointment if i want to loose £810+48.

Please advise, also she wants me to pay over the phone for appointment booking slot £48, Just need a little advise please

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:16 am

She is wrong. Child immigration status is irrelevant for UK born child when applying for Registration under section 1(3).

The only risk you are taking is if you won't get ILR on the same day (if absences are above the threshold, cases are referred to a senior case worker).

REGISTRATION

Post by REGISTRATION » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:24 am

Thanks a lot for your very kind, complete and quick response

I have only 20 days absences in last 5 years, but still there is a risk, you are very right

how risky it is to apply by postal (by myself) as compare to NCS (with £48 and advance booking risk) please?

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:36 am

The main issue is whether you prefer to keep your originals or not (as I presume you don't travel a lot if only been absent 20 days in 5 years...).

Process time for postal or NCS is similar.

The mn1 form is very simple to fill in so low risk there.

REGISTRATION

Post by REGISTRATION » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:38 am

Spot on

Thanks a lot boss and specially for saving me £48 - (postal costs) :lol: :lol:

Just last thing, whats the best / secure postal service i can use, sameday, special delivery or anything else (do i need to send self addressed post paid with it )

and is it okay if i only send one passport (mine) with the both applications (2 kids)

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:58 am

I would use Special Delivery next day service as it offers compensation if lost.

No need to send SAE as the HO will return the documents in secure post.

It's OK to send one passport with ILR. I would also send a photocopy of the main page of the other parent's passport + page with ILR (although not required).

REGISTRATION

Post by REGISTRATION » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Thats all for the day

And BIG Thanks for your help

hash
Newly Registered

Post by hash » Tue May 01, 2012 10:27 am

Hi did you already apply you child MN1. How long it took to receive the certificate I applied in mid of March still waiting

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 01, 2012 10:43 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.