ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Croydon PEO - Company Director

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

intgral

ILR Success Croydon PEO - Company Director

Post by intgral » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:26 pm

My experience was positive today with a 9.15am entry and a 11am exit. After Dec 2006, HSMP+Tier1 - Self Employed Director Ltd.

I had no cover letter, but 12 months business bank statements, 12 months personal bank statements, all relevant invoices, company registration and extract from companieshouse, and a letter from the accountant stating the amounts and providing April-to-date management accounts.

The officer calculated my income based on the invoices (gross) and he arrived to a higher number than I provided as net income (even though that was already sufficient for the app). He also looked where I paid HMRC VAT, and added the number of holidays.

Once he approved my application I asked if he needed the gross as he calculated or the net as I added it (base pay plus divs). He said gross from invoices and he double-checked quickly with another officer (maybe supervisor?) receiving the same answer.

Overall good experience and a big Thank You to the board.

Interesting to note that he said if I had payslips, then he would have counted those, so I imagine that those working for umbrella companies may be at a slight disadvantage (also note to John on our arguments earlier).

Bottom line: work legally, pay your taxes, be a good citizen and you will get approved.

Best of luck everyone.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:27 pm

Congrats !

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:03 pm

congratulations intgral ...

Did you have any absences that were discounted ??? or were you well within limits ?

intgral

Post by intgral » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Nothing major, around 3 months, all within limits.

dp2013
Newly Registered

formats

Post by dp2013 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi intgral,

Congratulations for your ILR.

I'll make sure to take all the company documents you mentioned in your post.

I will be applying for ILR in March'12. Can it be possible for you to share the format of your accountant's letter.

when I checked with my accountant regarding such a letter, they said they have some standard format, and they can provide any additional updates/information that I may want.

I'm in a bit dilemma, as I'll be claiming points for my earnings between Feb'11 to Jan'12. Since the date range falls in two accounting years, I'm a bit confused, as how things will be represented.

Appreciate your time and help.

Kind regards,

dp2013

intgral

Post by intgral » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:04 pm

Hi dp2013,

I designed the accountant letter to me and asked only for the net income to be clearly stated (adding the paychecks and dividends), and ensure that the accountant has the membership number and contact information. Certainly it has to state the obvious, such that you work with them, you are the Director of your company, and they verified the invoices with your bank. Everything else is irrelevant. UKBA only cares about the income and that you paid taxes. Thus, all your accounting firm needs to state is that between the dates that you choose, you made x amount net income.

My officer checked the invoices submitted against the business bank accounts. So, although the accountant letter was useful, it was not critical. Again, 12x personal bank stats, 12x business bank stats, and x invoices will suffice (3 sources), but adding the accountant letter is a safe bet.

Best of luck.