ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about employer letter for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pepper123
Newly Registered

Question about employer letter for ILR

Post by pepper123 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Does the letter from your employer for ILR (in our case for a Work Permit holder) really need to include a statement confirming that your rate of pay is at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsers, and listing what that minimum rate is, even if you list the rate of pay received and it's well over the minimum amount? This is requested as part of what's wanted in the employer letter for Form Set(O) on pg 33. Most sample letters I've seen don't have this info.

We have listed the rate of pay, which is about 20,000 pounds MORE than the minimum requirement for my husband's job as of 2010. But I can't find what the minimum is for 2011 (we will be well over that amount as well, but if it has increased a little we need to include the proper amount if we list it at all). We do list the SOC code, also.

I created a sample letter for my husband's HR, and the lady who was supposed to do it said she wouldn't get to it until Jan. 3. Ok, we said, as our PEO appointment is Jan. 12. We gave her a couple days past the 3rd so as not to rush her, and when we called to see if she had it ready, she'd already gone again until the 12th and hadn't done our letter! So now we need to have someone else do it, and it will be someone who is not up on how to do these letters. So I need to give it to them exactly as it needs to be done and can't expect them to know if anything else needs to be included.

Here is what I gave the employer as a sample of the letter we need:

To:
UK Border Agency
SET (O)
Indefinite Leave to Remain
PO Box 591
Durham DH1 9FS
09 January 2012

Subject: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain

Dear Sir or Madam:

This is to confirm that [applicant name] is currently employed by [employer] in the UK as a full-time and permanent employee. He has been employed since [date] as a [job title] (SOC Code xxxx). His current salary is ________.

We are supportive of [employee's name] application and confirm he is required by the [employer] for the foreseeable future. Should you require any further information please feel free to contact this office on the telephone number
____________.

Regards,

[Name of signatory]
[Designation]

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:04 pm

pepper123
Newly Registered

Post by pepper123 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Yes, I've seen that. Can anyone comment on if they included the information I'm asking about?