ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Extention - PEO query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Tier 1 General Extention - PEO query

Post by anirban_paul » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Hello All

I am on Tier1 General which is valid till 27 March 2012.

I have booked a PEO appointment for extension in Sheffield office on 16 Feb 2012.

My question is:

1. Will I get the extension from 27 March 2012 + 2 years OR will I get 16 Feb 2012 + 2years for this appointment? Is it OK to book this date for extension in my case or should I reschedule it to a later date? Reason I am asking this after close followup I have seen (from the Extension date thread) few applicants who applied like 2months+ early they got an earlier date. my application is exactly 41days before expiry (is it too early or ok?). I would definitely would like to have 27 March 2012 + 2years and to be honest I got this PEO appointment after trying a lot on online & phone. So want to double check with you guys :)

2. I have checked but just want to doublecheck whether this is the form to fill for Tier General Extension. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf

I am confident with my paper works etc and would like your feedback/suggestion to make myself confident of what I am doing on my own :)

Just wanted to add, I need my visa 4 weeks before my expiry date to show in my job so I am applying in person and not in post.

Thanks for your help. Anirban

newbie_t

Re: Tier 1 General Extention - PEO query

Post by newbie_t » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:42 pm

anirban_paul wrote:Hello All

I am on Tier1 General which is valid till 27 March 2012.

I have booked a PEO appointment for extension in Sheffield office on 16 Feb 2012.

My question is:

1. Will I get the extension from 27 March 2012 + 2 years OR will I get 16 Feb 2012 + 2years for this appointment? Is it OK to book this date for extension in my case or should I reschedule it to a later date? Reason I am asking this after close followup I have seen (from the Extension date thread) few applicants who applied like 2months+ early they got an earlier date. my application is exactly 41days before expiry (is it too early or ok?). I would definitely would like to have 27 March 2012 + 2years and to be honest I got this PEO appointment after trying a lot on online & phone. So want to double check with you guys :)

2. I have checked but just want to doublecheck whether this is the form to fill for Tier General Extension. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf

I am confident with my paper works etc and would like your feedback/suggestion to make myself confident of what I am doing on my own :)

Just wanted to add, I need my visa 4 weeks before my expiry date to show in my job so I am applying in person and not in post.

Thanks for your help. Anirban
You visa extension date will be from when the extension is granted- in your case from 16th Feb 2012.

Quote from UKBA site: "We encourage you to make your application at least 1 month before your current permission to stay expires. However, if you apply significantly more than 1 month before your permission to stay expires, and you want to apply for settlement later, you may not have accumulated enough total permission to stay. This is because your new permission to stay will begin on the date when we make the decision, not the date when your current permission expires."

But some people were lucky to extension date from the date of expiry of the initial leave to remain.

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 General Extention - PEO query

Post by anirban_paul » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:51 pm

Thanks newbie_t for your response. I guess to be in the safeside I have to reschedule my PEO appointment to a later date then, maybe 27/28 Feb if I can get one! :(

pcm
Newly Registered

POE booking

Post by pcm » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi anirban,

Can you please guide me how did u manage to get dates for POE as i am looking to book one and no luck till no my extension is due in april 2012

Regards