ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LIUK for Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

malepiscean
United Kingdom

LIUK for Naturalization

Post by malepiscean » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Hi,

I recently received my ILR and as expected I was returned all the original docs that I had submitted, but admittedly it was slightly surprising to see the original LIUK certificate returned back to me. I'd have thought they'd either not return it, or might return a photocopy.

I was just going through the requirements of Naturalization (early days I know)...and noticed that I'll again have to prove my knowledge of English language. Presumably, this is the reason why they returned it? And I can use the same LIUK certificate during Naturalization that I used during ILR, right?

Many thanks in advance.

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Re: LIUK for Naturalization

Post by malepiscean » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:45 pm

I think the comment made by 'llNicell' in the post below answers my question, but it would still be good to know of a more recent experience from someone.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Thanks.

osteophytes

Re: LIUK for Naturalization

Post by osteophytes » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:41 am

malepiscean wrote:Hi,

I recently received my ILR and as expected I was returned all the original docs that I had submitted, but admittedly it was slightly surprising to see the original LIUK certificate returned back to me. I'd have thought they'd either not return it, or might return a photocopy.

I was just going through the requirements of Naturalization (early days I know)...and noticed that I'll again have to prove my knowledge of English language. Presumably, this is the reason why they returned it? And I can use the same LIUK certificate during Naturalization that I used during ILR, right?

Many thanks in advance.
Technically speaking there is no need to submit it with AN1 form if you have fulfilled the requirement when you got the ILR. But some NCS officials insist on it and so it is a good idea to hang onto it.