ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help : Problem moving house while visa is still processing

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanj3y
Newly Registered

Help : Problem moving house while visa is still processing

Post by sanj3y » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Hi All,

I applied for my Tier 1 (General) visa in April 2011 while i'm still in my student visa, And submitted my biometrics in may 2001.

I still dont have any response from homeoffice although my student visa expired in October 2011. But i didnt mind cos i had the acknowledgement letter.

But suddenly my lanlord sold the flat i'm renting now and i need to move by end of this month. Now i cannot rent a new flat cos my visa is expired and new visa is still in process..

I tried calling home office, but there is only a automated message saying they cannot give any information on the process.Can someone help me to resolve this as i'm confused as to what do now :?.

Thanks in advance.
Sanjey

sanj3y
Newly Registered

Post by sanj3y » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Anyone?? I'm sure someone can shed some light on this :idea:

BABUKHAN
Newly Registered

Re: Help : Problem moving house while visa is still processi

Post by BABUKHAN » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi Sanjay,

there are many people out there in the same boat.
First thing ; when you call home office don't go for option 3 because that message is for people who submitted their case in the last 6 months but in your case its been more than 6 months since you submitted your case and i guess had your biometrics. try to speak to one of their operators and explain them that your case is pending for more than 6 months, so you need an update of your case status. Normally there is nothing much that they reply other than "Case still in process, please wait and you will be contacted soon". but try, may be if you are lucky and get a real update of your case. but you can ask them to give you contact address to write to your case worker.

secondly you can update your new address with the operator or there is a link in the home office website contact page where you can find further details how to update your address.
hope this helps, if i will be of any further help please let me know :D