ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa free to eu

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

visa free to eu

Post by toni34 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:15 pm

hi all,am travelling to slovakia to join my partner and our baby for our holiday,i am a eea2 residence holder,just called the slovak embassy and was told I dont need a visa to travel there,so i am wondering what other proof i need to show our over zealous airport staff both in england and slovakia as we r not married but partners,am thinking to arm my self with the covering notes issued to us from the ukba when our residence documentations was issued,also i will be with their comfirmed flights documents out of the uk as they will travel one month b4 i join them.will these documents be enough?
NON EU national with RC

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:32 pm

It would obviously be easier if you would travel together.
You may consider to apply for a visa anyway, to save you a lot of headache; in your case it would have to be issued free or charge.

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

visa free to eu

Post by toni34 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:51 am

that was my intention,but when i called the embassy for appointment i was told i dont need a visa to get there.
NON EU national with RC

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:23 pm

Where is your partner from? My wife is swedish and I travel without a Visa to Sweden on my own and recently went to Norway on my own without a Visa as well. Just residence card. Take your marriage certificate in case but that's it. I've been travelling for about 3 years now..

fysicus
Netherlands

Re: visa free to eu

Post by fysicus » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:51 pm

toni34 wrote:that was my intention,but when i called the embassy for appointment i was told i dont need a visa to get there.
Try to get this confirmation in writing then

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

visa free to eu

Post by toni34 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:01 pm

my partner is slovak,yes will try get the comfirmation in writing,also we are not married,though we have a child together we are unmarried partners.
NON EU national with RC

boloney

Re: visa free to eu

Post by boloney » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:52 pm

toni34 wrote:my partner is slovak,yes will try get the comfirmation in writing,also we are not married,though we have a child together we are unmarried partners.
Send an email to them, when they reply print it out and take it with you.

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

visa free to eu

Post by toni34 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:39 am

thanks man ,that is a splendid idea.
NON EU national with RC